Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Japan

Quote Originally Posted by stephenpace View Post
    Congrats! By the way, I'd really like to get one of those 18650-like cell with the Tesla logo. Any idea where I could pick one up?
    I have one but I think it's just a piece of plastic?? Oh BTW, I got a personalized ball point pen with my VIN number! Will upload the photo tommow.

The car is perfect! Here're some small issues which you might be interested.

Right hand mirror (mirror itself, not the case outside) doesn't move outside enough. Yes it went enough to outside, but I wanted a little bit more. Could be RHD unique issue. I checked another new car but it was similar. Left mirror go outside enough, but right mirror stops almost...

My TPMS warning is on. However I was told Japanese Model S doesn't have TPMS. I'll try reset the console.

To conect CHAdeMO adapter you have to be quick. Model S waits just a few seconds until the charger starts talking to the car. You first open charge port, remove the charger plug, connect the adapter, then insert the adapter to Model S. Within a few seconds, you have to press start button on the charger, or you'll get a red ring.

Quote Originally Posted by hiroshiy View Post
    The car is perfect! Here're some small issues which you might be interested.

Right hand mirror (mirror itself, not the case outside) doesn't move outside enough. Yes it went enough to outside, but I wanted a little bit more. Could be RHD unique issue. I checked another new car but it was similar. Left mirror go outside enough, but right mirror stops almost...

My TPMS warning is on. However I was told Japanese Model S doesn't have TPMS. I'll try reset the console.

To conect CHAdeMO adapter you have to be quick. Model S waits just a few seconds until the charger starts talking to the car. You first open charge port, remove the charger plug, connect the adapter, then insert the adapter to Model S. Within a few seconds, you have to press start button on the charger, or you'll get a red ring.
    Definitely all things Tesla should be told about.

Hadn't noticed this on my (UK) RHD car, but tried it just now and found that my comfortable position is at about 95% on the adjustment....

Not sure it's RHD specific though - obviously with RHD the right-hand mirror is critical, but the mirrors look to be symmetric and I'd expect to have the same problem with the left-hand mirror on a LHD car.

I noticed the same issue with the test drive car in Sydney. The right hand mirror doesn't go out as far as the left hand one. I thought it was just a defect in the test drive car, but looks like this could be a bigger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cynix View Post
    I noticed the same issue with the test drive car in Sydney. The right hand mirror doesn't go out as far as the left hand one. I thought it was just a defect in the test drive car, but looks like this could be a bigger problem.
    Sounds like an important issue to communicate back to Tesla immediately.
    S85 Brown| Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Matte | Pano | 19" wheels | Tech | Air | Parking | High Fidelity Sound | Parcel Shelf
    Confirmed​ - 29/05/2014 | VIN Confirmed - 03/06/2014 | Launching Soon: JET Charge | Tesla Accessories: EVnomics

Re RHD right side mirror, when you get your RHD car delivered, better to check. If you prefer to see your car in your mirror about 10-20%, no problem, but if you make it less than 10%, you may want to talk to Tesla. For me it's not a big deal, and on delivery I've met an US based Tesla engineer and now he's aware of this.

Today was my first parking anxiety with the Model S.
    駐車場検索サイト Parking Navi | 品川インターシティパーキング

Can you see yellow metal blocks on the corners of the tray? If you can move your car on the tray it will stow the car automatically. This parking is connected to Bullet train station so I sometimes use as a park and ride.
    Actually those metal blocks are only 195cm away and with my 19 inch I couldn't go through. Maybe I could just avoid the blocks to the left and back in to the space and later align the car, but I was about to be late for the train so the parking attendant offered me a flat space.

Just FYI re insurance, I paid $1000 annually with grade 20 including self car coverage. My previous car cost $2000. I heard Japanese insurance companies don't have data on Tesla yet so it's "car type undefined" rate.

Thread Information