Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last Warranty Service / Checkup - What to look for before you drop your baby off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My warranty is about to expire and I'm taking my baby in for its last look over by Tesla. I think this would be a good place to start since many owners will be in the same situation I am, last chance to get things fixed for free that are not working correctly and broken under warranty.

As many people suggest, even Tesla, run through the car and look at anything that bothers you. Write it down and mention it to Tesla. For me I have the right passenger door that appears to sag which could be some washers that need to be replaced on the hinge.

Also I found after a rainstorm that my right rear tail-light has been getting condensation, that too is a warranty issue and will be addressed which Tesla confirmed.

If you have any overheating issues / higher than normal PEM, battery, or motor temps mention it. If you don't have the front fan shroud upgrade this may trigger it as it did for me on my 1.5. Definitely better cooling for sure.

Also any odd sounds you may be hearing, especially the back area, this could be a sign of something going astray and ready to break down the road. So don't hesitate to mention it.

I'm still new at this Roadster warranty thing, but one thing that came up for me was that the door sills weren't sitting quite right. They were a bit loose.

Just got the car back yesterday from its first round of warranty maintenance (seriously - first annual warranty service), and they were able to get those door sills sitting much better. They feel downright solid now.

Heh - all of my HVAC knobs are hanging by a thread. If I turn 'em just right they work fine. I'll have to put that on the list for next year.