Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone install parking sensors yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there are a ton of places that have done the Model S in LA (Parking Sensors) - but has anyone gotten it done in Boston?

I would hold off on this if I were you. There are rumors going around that the car's have already been wired up with parking sensors and that all Tesla has to do is turn them on. This seems to be confirmed by some D.S.'s but denied by others, but this may be what Elon hinted to by saying that 'for model S owners, the new thing is right under your nose already'. No need to pay for aftermarket sensors if ones are already installed.

I would hold off on this if I were you. There are rumors going around that the car's have already been wired up with parking sensors and that all Tesla has to do is turn them on. This seems to be confirmed by some D.S.'s but denied by others, but this may be what Elon hinted to by saying that 'for model S owners, the new thing is right under your nose already'. No need to pay for aftermarket sensors if ones are already installed.

I did read about that, but I wonder how Tesla would retrofit the sensors? Drilling holes into the bumper etc.

I highly doubt the car already has parking sensors installed. I'm having Al & Eds install them next week. They've already done several cars. You'd think they would have noticed if Tesla had already wired the car and bumpers for this. Trust me, if Tesla can't get basic things like sun visors and parcel shelves done and shipped with the car I highly doubt they've secretly installed parking sensors.

I highly doubt the car already has parking sensors installed. I'm having Al & Eds install them next week. They've already done several cars. You'd think they would have noticed if Tesla had already wired the car and bumpers for this. Trust me, if Tesla can't get basic things like sun visors and parcel shelves done and shipped with the car I highly doubt they've secretly installed parking sensors.

I have to agree. Too bad al/Ed aren't located in the east coast :((