Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado: Anyone else not receive there license plates after months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Colorado: Anyone else not receive their license plates after months?

I hate to complain about tesla, but if anyone has some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I'm on my second temporary plate, that is now expired I have called my rep 4 times in the last 2 weeks asking for another temp or my plate and he said it would be fed exed to me. This was 10 days ago. I have had my car for 4 months and I have never waited longer then 30 days for my real plate. Now I am risking tickets and I believe they can impound a car for an expired plate. I have no idea what the hold up is neither did my tesla rep. Is anyone else dealing with this? Any recommendations on what to do from here?

Last edited:
I live in Florida and Colorado, they delivered the car to Co, but they were supposed to register to my Florida address where my primary residence is. I have purchased other new cars and not once have I had to go the DMV every single time the manufacture either sends me my hard plate usually in 30 days. I have 2 other cars in Colorado,one I purchased in Ny new with no trade in and I received my hard Florida plate in about a month so I don't see why Tesla should be different. Thanks to everyone with their suggestions. It seems to me that Tesla drivers are some of the nicest and most helpful people I ever come across. I am very happy to be part of this community.

Ah, so you aren't registering it in CO. That explains that. If it were me, I would talk to Ben in the Park Meadows store. He is the 'fixer" for Colorado and will know who to contact in HQ to get something done.

Thanks, just got off the phone with him he apologized and said it will be his priority to get it for me ASAP and doesn't understand the delay himself.

I hope this is something he can help solve. I had a question on the calculation and presentation of the taxes on my registration paperwork. Ben was all over it and got it clarified with someone in HQ after I hadn't heard back from my DS. Good thing he got it resolved because my temp tag was about to expire.