Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 Reasons to Love the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Below are the top 100 reasons I love my Tesla Model S.

In the past 100 years the automobile has seen little innovation. There have been good incremental improvements, but the basics of a combustion engine vehicle have remained the same. The Tesla Model S is going to change all that. Tesla didn’t invent the electric car, but they are the first to prove that an all-electric car can better any combustion car ever made. From this point forward the combustion engine vehicle is dead. Batteries will get better, ranges further, charging shorter, price points lower and in 10 years why would anyone want a gas vehicle as their regular car? The Tesla touch interface will transform the user experience for all cars (gas and electric). The simplicity of an all-electric vehicle will reduce maintenance needs and cost of ownership, while increasing reliability. Entire industries related to fuel sourcing, production, distribution, auto maintenance and parts suppliers are about to be turned upside down. Utility grids will be stretched to new limits. Alternative power generation capabilities will improve. This is truly an exciting time in history!

Mike

1. The fastest sedan I’ve ever owned - zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds
2. The 17” touch interface is mesmerizing
3. The car is always connected to the internet
4. Enough room for a surf board or skis in the car
5. The design styling rocks
6. The car firmware updates automatically over wire like an iPad or iPhone
7. Disappearing door handles (so cool)
8. Free super chargers
9. I can drive solo in the California carpool lanes
10. Stereo volume goes to 11
11. Internet radio with no need to pay Sirius XM!
12. Google maps in the console
13. An internet browser in the dash
14. Room for seven passengers
15. Free charging at the airport
16. No oil changes
17. Adjustable ride and steering – from land speeder to lazy-boy
18. Drag and drop sunroof
19. Full Panoramic roof
20. No state smog check
21. The car is silent
22. Rock star looks everywhere I go
23. California Rebate
24. Electric utility time-of-use rates save me over $200/month
25. Awesome customer service
26. No dealers involved in the purchase (suck it used car sales guy!)
27. Homelink garage opener detects when I am home via GPS
28. No hot greasy engine, transmission, muffler, or other 3,000 parts to break
29. 100% torque off the line
30. My kids will never need to know how to drive stick, or that transmissions had gears or transmissions ever existed.
31. Nobody ever has to sit on the hump
32. The key looks like the car (yeah, that is so cool)
33. WYSIWYG view of the car in the console
34. It is all digital - user experience is now software not hundreds of buttons, knobs and levers
35. The Tesla did to cars what Apple did to cell phones. Every other car is an old school flip phone now.
36. 300 Miles of range
37. Federal Tax Credit
38. Pause the radio. Skip a song. Resume song after returning to vehicle
39. Bluetooth music streaming from your phone
40. Hidden charge port (sneaky!) with cable lock
41. Walk away door locking. Walk up unlock
42. Personal delivery of the car to the house - classy!
43. No need to start or turn off the car. Just get in, just get out
44. Rear camera view anytime, not just in reverse.
45. It has a frunk for your junk instead of an engine that goes clunk
46. Twice the cargo volume as a BMW 5 series
47. I will never say “damn, the price of gas is high” again
48. I will never need the Jiffy Lube 27 point service. 23 points don’t even exist on the Tesla.
49. The only fluid is windshield wiper cleaning fluid.
50. Midas muffler shop? Aamco transmission shop? Yeah, you can also take them off the holiday card list.
51. Gas stations only exist for their bathrooms and snacks
52. Custom driver profiles - Like having a Wii Mi for the car
53. Every over-air update comes with release notes - that makes my inner geek so happy
54. Need new spark plugs? Radiator fluid low? Yep, those will be “olden days” stories our kids tell their kids.
55. Phone photos of contacts show up on the consoles
56. Album art displays on both consoles
57. Lose your Tesla? Use the mobile app to track it and “Find my Tesla”
58. Internet purchase, custom configuration and tracking through the factory
59. Tesla Rangers – will pick up car and deliver it to service (haven’t needed them yet!)
60. Tesla owners are fanatical and friendly – need a charge? Stop by for lunch.
61. It is designed and made in California
62. Every morning I have a “full tank”
63. Fit, finish and materials are meticulous – as good as Mercedes or BMW
64. Full size keyboard to type in a map address or browser URL
65. Brakes last longer, since most breaking is regen
66. Turn-by-turn navigation done right (multi-screen, birds eye view)
67. The car is intuitive
68. The headlights are badass
69. I can plug in a mouse and keyboard to my car. (Ok, not recommended)
70. Tesla customer service can do remote diagnostics, troubleshooting and hot-patch over the phone
71. People in Oregon are allowed to plug in their car themselves
72. Folding rear seats
73. All it really needs is a Flux Capacitor and they can call it done
74. Full charge at home in 3-4 hours and 45 minutes at a super charger
75. I can tweet from my seat isn’t that neat?
76. You know those snobby condescending smirks you get from Prius drivers going 35 in a 50? Yeah, now who is driving the gas guzzler?
77. I am no longer blowing 10 tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere every year while driving
78. It is Motor Trend and Automobile Magazine car of the year
79. Out living large while getting a charge? Use the Tesla mobile app to track charging status.
80. The batteries are guaranteed for eight years and unlimited mileage
81. If every car was a Tesla then living next to Pacific Coast Highway would be quiet on a Saturday night
82. You know how you sometimes spill a little gas while pulling it out? Yeah, those days are done
83. I don’t miss the “Pump Station TV News”
84. You can read the New York Times from the console after driving three hundred miles, unless your name is Broder.
85. Bad spark plugs? Slipping fan belt? Yep, those hundred year old problems are history
86. Going downhill is strangely more fun and rewarding than ever before
87. Pairs nicely with Solar
88. My car knows my name
89. 1,000 miles on $40 of electricity
90. Oddly, everyone is quick to let you charge for free. I don’t ever remember anyone offering me free gas before
91. Movie scenes depicting heroic escapes from exploding cars will be a thing of the past
92. Mobile app remote climate control
93. “Whoa. What kind of car is that?”
94. Real-time energy consumption visualizations
95. Heated seats
96. LoJack? Yeah, that won’t be needed anymore
97. Real-time traffic via Google Maps
98. Just for laughs, pull into the full serve gas station and ask them to check the oil and filler’ up
99. Front row EV parking at the mall
100. Never buy gas again! (suck it OPEC!)

101 anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great list, love all the positive thoughts with so many negatives lately. Think about why you are buying this car, I could add many more good things. Keep your perspective on what Tesla is doing, there have been no independent car companies that have survived, let alone all electric state of the art magical incredible looking technical masterpieces!!!! All the other issues are insignificant in the total scheme of things. In the end everything that Tesla has done that is not quite up to our standards will be worked out.

Correction:

71. People in Oregon AND NEW JERSEY are allowed to plug in their car themselves.

I definitely don't miss waiting for gas station attendants to fill up my car. Many drag their feet and worse, many would remove the nozzle in a manner that would get gasoline all over the side of the car. On my old silver camaro there was actually a yellowish stain from the gasoline because of it. I've even seen shut off valves fail and gas come pouring out all over the place and they don't notice because they are busy with other cars or chatting it up with the coworkers waiting to hear the 'click' of the shut off valve.

Now, come on yobigd20, let's give our new OP a proper welcome...

Good list, AllDigital, and welcome to this oddly addictive corner of the internet. Stick around and keep us posted.

lol sorry didn't notice. Don't mind my sarcasm around here :p

"98. Just for laughs, pull into the full serve gas station and ask them to check the oil and filler’ up"

Ohh... Great idea for today. Too bad no full service stations in WA, but if someone is in OR, you GOT to try that today :).

I did it with my USB mouse andkeyboard, just plug the usb key in the usb port, and use the mouse.

It works very well to allow passengers on the back seat to browse the web while driving. I still need to find out how to zoom in/out with the mouse or keyboard.

Welcome AllDigital!!!

Great first post.

One question ... 69 ... how do you do that ...
I plugged mine in and got no response from the console.

Well I compared my list to yours (yours was more extensive) and have the following additions:

1) On track for possible 5-star score in NHSTA crash testing
- Front crumple zone larger since no ICE
- Roof crush resistance double government standard (broke the crush machine in testing)
- Rigid battery pack resists side-impact intrusion

2) Lowest luxury sedan center of gravity - 17.5 inches
- Best handling luxury sedan
- Along with weight, provides acceptable performance in snow for RWD car w/o snow tires

3) Lowest drag coefficient (.24) of all production cars

4) No nag-ware / nanny-ware / lawyer-ware - the car respects it's driver

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and also I think the following needs to be at or at least near the top in bold:

Designed and Built in USA!

132. Altitude immune.
133. Short trip immune.
134. No need to rewrite the lyrics to our favorite song: "Get your motor running, head out on the highway, looking for adventure, . ." because EVers understand, a Mantra is a Mantra!
--