Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Armadillo hunting with my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH ANIMAL LOVER, sorry! :redface:

We've been having problems with a few armadillo's who have been digging holes under my septic tank; as you might imagine, this can turn into a very expensive problem! The issue is that armadillos are almost impossible to trap or poison because they dig in soft dirt for grubs and worms, they only come out from dusk till dawn, plus they can grow to over 20lbs around here and they dig holes and tunnels everywhere.

Last week I was taking the dog out late at night and saw an armadillo digging out by my tanks, I rushed back to the house picked up a gun and that was the end of armadillo #1. At that time I didn't know we had more than one but the very next night more holes appeared and I've been keeping a look out with no success. Until last night....

We were coming back from dinner in the Model S and an armadillo was digging furiously in the lawn about half way down our drive (the driveway is about 200ft long). I cruised up silently to about 10' away and the armadillo had clearly not heard us. I lined up the wheel, raised the car height, then floored it. The armadillo died instantly. (I got out of the car and checked it had met it's maker, and yes I also checked that there was nothing on the car.)

Tesla 1:0 Armadillos

NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH ANIMAL LOVER, sorry! :redface:

We've been having problems with a few armadillo's who have been digging holes under my septic tank; as you might imagine, this can turn into a very expensive problem! The issue is that armadillos are almost impossible to trap or poison because they dig in soft dirt for grubs and worms, they only come out from dusk till dawn, plus they can grow to over 20lbs around here and they dig holes and tunnels everywhere.

Last week I was taking the dog out late at night and saw an armadillo digging out by my tanks, I rushed back to the house picked up a gun and that was the end of armadillo #1. At that time I didn't know we had more than one but the very next night more holes appeared and I've been keeping a look out with no success. Until last night....

We were coming back from dinner in the Model S and an armadillo was digging furiously in the lawn about half way down our drive (the driveway is about 200ft long). I cruised up silently to about 10' away and the armadillo had clearly not heard us. I lined up the wheel, raised the car height, then floored it. The armadillo died instantly. (I got out of the car and checked it had met it's maker, and yes I also checked that there was nothing on the car.)

Tesla 1:0 Armadillos

Ok, still laughing as I type this.. :biggrin: