Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need2Speed Noble M12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
On page 9 of this presentation, in the "OEM Partner Study" they show a bunch of chassis originally considered for the Roadster including the K1 Attack, Ariel Atom (now Wrightspeed X1), and the Noble M12.

The Noble M12 is this one:
noble%20side.jpg

When I was driving up El Camino (past the MP Tesla store) a while back I saw a "badass" car parked in their parking lot, and recognized it as a Noble M12.
It was in fact this one:
2701446811_2f788984b3_o.jpg

At quick glance I thought it might be a Tesla with all sorts of wings added on. The license plate looked like "NO2SPED" which for a moment thought it meant that it had drivetrain 1.5 ("no 2 speed" transmission), then reality set in and I realized it was a "gasser" and "NO2SPED" was probably "ND2SPED" or something like that as an abbreviation for "Need To Speed".

Some googling shows that the owner of the car owns "Need 2 Speed" indoor karting!
Need 2 Speed is Northern California’s only electric, high-speed public indoor kart racing facility. Located on Market Street in the downtown Redding mall, the 57,000 square-foot, climate controlled facility boosts 3 track configurations accommodating both junior and adult karts. Whether you are racing family, friends or just the clock, Need 2 Speed is the definitive indoor racing experience for both veteran and novice racers.

OK, so I gotta give Boris a virtual high 5 here. He runs an electric go-kart track, owns an awesome Noble M12 and is apparently shopping for a Tesla!

By the way, I had been dreaming of a bay area business opportunity for a while now (before knowing about "Need 2 Speed"), and since I don't think I will ever find the time & motivation to follow it up, I will toss it out here now:

Since "SpeedRing" closed, the south peninsula could use a new indoor kart track, and it should be electric. No fumes indoors. No range issues as you are always near a charger. 100% torque at 0 RPMs is perfect there. Anyways, I had been dreaming of having such a placed called "eRacer". If someone else builds the place I would certainly be a customer!

Last edited:
Since "SpeedRing" closed, the south peninsula could use a new indoor kart track, and it should be electric. No fumes indoors. No range issues as you are always near a charger. 100% torque at 0 RPMs is perfect there. Anyways, I had been dreaming of having such a placed called "eRacer". If someone else builds the place I would certainly be a customer!

There are some sweet electric karts on the market. Be nice if you could put Tesla body kits on them.
Viper_5560.jpg