Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ProClip mount: any Model S Owner in/near Madison, WI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JoshG

Jun 23, 2011
Hi All, I spoke to ProClip (http://www.prodlcipusa.com) today to see if they had a mount specific to Model S. (Proclip makes what I believe are the very best phone mounts for cars... always had them in my vehicles and wouldn't buy anything else.)

They're ready to produce one but have been unable to get a few hours of access to a Model S to get the measurements and photos they need for their engineering department. They asked if I had any way to find a kind local Model S owner who would let them take their measurements, photos, etc. Said they probably need a few hours with the vehicle.

They're based in Madison, WI. Is anyone near there that could help them out? Might get a free unit from them in exchange... as well as the gratitude of fellow owners like me who have been patiently awaiting a custom ProClip mount.

If you are near and could bring your car to them, please let me and I'll connect you to their production team.

Thanks!

Josh

Im in Milwaukee, and have a business in the Wisconsin Dells (Must drive past Madison to get to the Dells).

My S isnt due for another month-ish yet. Would be willing to set something up once it arrives in exchange for some charge time in Madison ^_^

Give them my number, 414-852-7526 if you would like.

Wondering if there's been any progress on this. ProClip's Facebook page had a comment in April that no one had yet made their S available.

I exchanged emails with ProClip back at the end of April and they said that they were working with a couple of Tesla owners to get the measurements done in May, which would allow them to have the mounts available in June.

No worries, they are coming to my Shop tomorrow (Wednesday) with their design team =] I have made my Tesla fully available to them. Schedule issues with the other MS owners, and I got mine last Thursday, so I am the next closest person ^_^ If it rains, I can bring it in my warehouse and let them "play" with it as needed.

No worries, they are coming to my Shop tomorrow (Wednesday) with their design team =] I have made my Tesla fully available to them. Schedule issues with the other MS owners, and I got mine last Thursday, so I am the next closest person ^_^ If it rains, I can bring it in my warehouse and let them "play" with it as needed.

You're a good man. Much appreciated. I will be ordering the ProClip mount as soon as it is available. Of course, I would have loved for the mount to be attached to the new center console, but I'm assuming you don't have one of those right? I guess we'll have to encourage ProClip to make another mount whenever that console is available. I am curious about where they'll find a place for the mount.

You're a good man. Much appreciated. I will be ordering the ProClip mount as soon as it is available. Of course, I would have loved for the mount to be attached to the new center console, but I'm assuming you don't have one of those right? I guess we'll have to encourage ProClip to make another mount whenever that console is available. I am curious about where they'll find a place for the mount.

They are big on "vent mounts", my guess is they will offer a left and center vent mount that clips to the vent.
I called them a few weeks ago as well, and asked about Model S... They must be getting a lot of interest.

They are big on "vent mounts", my guess is they will offer a left and center vent mount that clips to the vent.
I called them a few weeks ago as well, and asked about Model S... They must be getting a lot of interest.

I've used versions of their mounts that clip to the side of the car stereo (by removing the panels and screwing into the frame underneath) and a clip that attached to the side of my center console. Not sure if I like their vent mount options. Have you used those?

Well, the pro clip guys have been here for almost 3 hours, their diligently working away. One guys in the van building something, the others are in the car.

Ask if they'll let you look at what mounts they are designing, most likely at least one of them will be a vent mount on the drivers side vent next to the center screen... Not sure where else they will come up with mount locations.

On my old 2012 Plug in Prius they came up with one that "clipped" to the center flying bridge seems, they seem to like seems as well.

I will let them to the response on what they are all building. I did not get to see in detail. I will be bringing my MS to their Madison HQ within the next few weeks after they have completed their mounts for testing. They said they would update the forum. Those were 3 awesome guys!

Cheers All! Your Proclips are on the way!

I will let them to the response on what they are all building. I did not get to see in detail. I will be bringing my MS to their Madison HQ within the next few weeks after they have completed their mounts for testing. They said they would update the forum. Those were 3 awesome guys!

Cheers All! Your Proclips are on the way!

Proclip posted pics of your Model S on their FB page. Thanks for doing this!

For those that weren't on the distribution list from ProClip, their Tesla mounts became available yesterday. I'm not loving either option, but the second one seems like it will work reasonably well. Personally, I wish they would have attached something closer to where the USB ports are located.

http://www.proclipusa.com/store/products/proclip-center-mount-854921.aspx

and

http://www.proclipusa.com/store/products/proclip-angled-mount-854922.aspx

Mine already shipped today :)

Thanks. I bought one of each, though the vent mount looks more promising (higher up), than the one on the lower molding of the touch screen... I had a survey from ProClip, got me %15 off (basically paid for the shipping)

Mitch, have you gotten yours yet?

FYI, I chatted with a ProClip agent, he said the screen mount version can sit anywhere along the lower edge of the screen (not just the lower right as shown), and that part of the mounting uses double-sided tape, so it's not designed for frequent removal.

Yes, pictures below.. I bought both the vent and screen mounts, and I have the "switch clip" system, so the iPhone cradle can be moved between the 2 spots.. I prefer the vent mount, as it's closer to my line of site and less distracting to see the alerts on "Waze"

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: