Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Tire Replacements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some stuff about where to get cheaper yet still high quality replacement tires for the 21", but haven't seen much on the 19". With my annual coming up in the next couple of weeks, I've been thinking about the subject.

When the time comes, where should I be looking for new tires? The ideal theoretical situation would be if I could get cheaper yet quieter, better quality tires. I'll take cheaper at the same quality, or slightly more expensive and quieter (yet the same quality).

Of course I'm comparing to what Tesla would sell me.

For one, I would definitely advocate replacing the OEM all-seasons with some high-performance summer tires - they will be superior in all conditions you're likely to experience in Florida...

- - - Updated - - -

No way to edit posts here? Guess I have to add another.

Let's see if this link works:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireIndex=0&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2013&autoModel=Model+S&autoModClar=&width=245/&ratio=45&diameter=19&sortCode=57376&skipOver=true&minSpeedRating=V&minLoadRating=S&tab=All

Thanks for the link. Are they likely to last longer or shorter than the one Tesla sells?

Yikes, I dunno.

But, if you start a from-scratch search on Tire Rack, you will also be able to see the OEM tires listed (or you can plug them in yourself), then check both the "surveys" for each tire you're interested in, as well as the customer reviews - all sorts of information there to help you make a very informed decision.

Weird: I checked the OEM tire (Goodyear Eagle RS-A2s, apparently), and there are no "surveys" for it, and only three customer reviews; must be brand-new.

Weird: I checked the OEM tire (Goodyear Eagle RS-A2s, apparently), and there are no "surveys" for it, and only three customer reviews; must be brand-new.

The big problem with buying OE tires as replacements is that there will be tires that the automobile manufacturers rejected for not passing their own standards in the mix.

For 19s, I will be replacing the Goodyears with Michelin Primacy MXM4. They are LRR (low rolling resistance, should increase range efficiency), better reviews, longer treadwear, better warranty, much better traction (probably best you can get for rain), higher comfort....etc..etc. Top notch IMO. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXM4&partnum=445WR9MXM4P&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Tesla&autoYear=2013&autoModel=Model%20S%20&autoModClar=