Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Announcement - be sure to drop in on the new Tesla Owners Club of Alberta thread.

[mod note - seems to be a lot of discussion about Alberta in general, so I've changed the title]

Any Tesla Owners in Calgary?

i'm planning on putting a deposit down come June, anyone know of the approx time it would take to be delivered? i keep seeing posts about years, then months and weeks for delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe there is one in Calgary although I don't know if they are on this forum. As for delivery, depends on the model and options you order, however if you put down a deposit in June you could have it end of summer. I am expecting to get our delivery in April/May due to choosing a non-air 60kwh model. Have been waiting over 3 years however I and others waiting years knew it would be a long wait. Production is ramped and I don't think you should have any concerns about waiting more than a few months, assuming you are talking about a Model S :)

thanks for your reply, strangely enough my coworker spotted one yesterday!

im planning to order an 85kWH Performance in early June

iv6dssU.jpg

Thanks for sharing, will keep my eye out for this grey model. Have you decided on a color at this point?

yep, im getting a Black P85, glass roof, 21"s, black leather, carbon dash, no spoiler, techpkg, sound, hopefully......... but it wont be until later this year, have to get rid of some of my bills then i can sell my current car and throw in a deposit (which im hoping in june i can clear it all up)

That's great. We need more in Alberta.
And charging stations..

i found out oxford managed buildings all have EV charging stations in the underground parking spaces using J1772, they are managed by chargepoint so you have to have an account but i believe they are still free to use.

Last edited:
i found out oxford managed buildings all have EV charging stations in the underground parking spaces using J1772, they are managed by chargepoint so you have to have an account but i believe they are still free to use.
I have a ChargePoint account but interestingly no stations show up for Calgary.
There's 3 in Prince George, BC and lots more in the Vancouver area.
Problem is that nearly all of these are 30 A stations which aren't the fastest for charging. Better off with a 14-50 RV plug-in location ( 50 Amp current is much quicker)

Last edited:
thanks for posting and good to know. Do any of the oxford buildings have public parking? Don't get downtown much and when we do, we always seem to park at bankers hall or city hall.

yep i think they all have public, its a complete rip off though, like $40 a day or something crazy.

Not sure of the address but if this is not already shown could you add it to PlugShare and RECARGO ?
Thanks

yep ill add it when i get back to my home computer with the original image.

All I see is the bumper and the curb. And then I wince.

I park in the same spot every day and fortunately the Model S clears the curb nicely in this spot so I can run the tires right up if I misjudge, not so sure about the rest in the lot though.

AC1K, love the 21" :biggrin:

Also did you get the paint armour, if so was it installed when you go the car? Mine arrived without it installed which I was annoyed with at first but made the upgrade to full hood coverage easier and cheaper as it turns out. Curious whether Vancouver has caught up with car prep.

I park in the same spot every day and fortunately the Model S clears the curb nicely in this spot so I can run the tires right up if I misjudge, not so sure about the rest in the lot though.

AC1K, love the 21" :biggrin:

Also did you get the paint armour, if so was it installed when you go the car? Mine arrived without it installed which I was annoyed with at first but made the upgrade to full hood coverage easier and cheaper as it turns out. Curious whether Vancouver has caught up with car prep.

I did order paint armor but was poorly applied and also sections were missing, i got a refund from tesla, the next step is to remove the factory paint armor and do a full Xpel Stealth wrap.

i figure its worth it because the car costs so much, i wouldn't normally spend this much on any vehicle but.... the Tesla is not just another vehicle.