Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone App: When is Internal Temp Displayed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

I'm on v4.3 (1.25.40) in the car and with the v1.1 iPhone app. What exactly causes the internal temp to be displayed on the climate tab of the app? Sometimes I see it, sometimes I don't. Thought this was a bug in the v1.0 app as I noticed this there too, but it has persisted to the v1.1 app. Just wanted to see if I was missing something.

The raw data returned by the web API shows the same behavior, so it isn't the app. I suspect that some part of the car is going into some level of sleep mode.

Turning on the climate from the app seems to make it show up, though then you end up with the bug where turning off pre-condition leaves the car with the climate control off when you get in.

My interior temp shows up when I am charging.

here is a picture when the car had not been charging for 8 hours (sleep mode??). I am on version 4.2

Temp.PNG

image.jpg

image.jpg

I am traveling and my car is fully charged and sitting in the garage probably sleep mode as well. It is plugged in. I can still see the interior temp (I am on 4.2 as week). When I turned on the climate and off again, interior temp has been showing all the time.

You can "prod" it to show you the temperature by just turning on the climate control (top right button on the climate screen there). Once it starts "looking" to see where the temp needs to go to match your setting, it will display the current temp. Don't forget to turn climate control off again if you were jut checking the temp and don't want to use energy to change it.

You can "prod" it to show you the temperature by just turning on the climate control (top right button on the climate screen there). Once it starts "looking" to see where the temp needs to go to match your setting, it will display the current temp. Don't forget to turn climate control off again if you were jut checking the temp and don't want to use energy to change it.

Very good tip. Thanks.

I use the precondition every day (the car is waiting for me in the parking lot of the train station) when coming from work. But I would like to know in advance (before I turn the clima on) how much degrees are in the car to know when (how fare away) to turn it on. If it is very hot in the car I would turn the AC on earlier as when the temp is not so high. Right now I have to turn it on to see how hot it is and maybe turn it off again if it is not that hot and start over again at the next station and so on. On the BMW Active E I saw it immediately and could react accordingly. Hope that will be change with a upgrade in the future, I know it is not a pressing issue.
Peter

Interesting. Same behavior as roadster. When the car goes to sleep (little circulation pump stops) the temps stop also. Try waking the car (charge cord activity, doors, whatever) - that should wake up the car and start to show the temps.

Looks like quite a lot of the basic roadster design has made it into the model S unchanged.

has anyone tried, for instance, unlocking and locking the doors, remotely, to see if that wakes the system enough to update the temps variables? i know it updates around charging times, and perhaps other seemingly random times too, but perhaps triggering the security subsystem will wake enough of the systems to refresh that data? maybe even opening the pano vent for a second?

just a thought. haven't tried it.