Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alloy Gators Rim Protection (Pics and info)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to other members of the forum, I learned about Infinity Worldwide Rim protection (infinityworldwide1.com). They mail you the protector or if in theNY area will install for $100(total $250).
Not a great picture and will try to send others when out of the shop:

Hope this came through as fist time adding photo (sorry)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 14,944
Seem to be. They have the logo on their website:

http://infinityworldwide1.com/wheelprotector.htm

What a horrid site... But yeah, resellers. I would recommend anyone wanting these to get them from AlloyGator directly. Mine got here in about 2 weeks and I paid 59.91 shipped ($90.95 USD). The service center installed them for free, and while YMMV on that, I would hope it would be less than $160.

What a horrid site... But yeah, resellers. I would recommend anyone wanting these to get them from AlloyGator directly. Mine got here in about 2 weeks and I paid 59.91 shipped ($90.95 USD). The service center installed them for free, and while YMMV on that, I would hope it would be less than $160.

I also ordered mine directly from AlloyGator AlloyGator® Smart Wheel Protection Will be putting my 21s back on for the summer in a few weeks.

I ordered my AlloyGators from Infinityworldwide a couple of months ago and put them on last weekend. I think it looks like they will protect well if you need it and my son thinks it makes the rims "pop". Here are some photos of the Black gators on Silver 21's.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 11,673
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 11,946
  • IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 10,706
I had mine installed soon after I got my car on my 21" rims. They already saved one of my rims from damage. BTW, I just got a notice about tire and rim insurance from Tesla. I ordered mine directly from alloygator.com and the Fremont service center installed them for $100. The tech said I could have easily done it myself.

I asked Gator Alloy (UK) about a discount for TMC members and got the following (useful) reply:

We would be happy to issue a discount code for your club members to use. Please enter the code: TESLA10 to receive a 10% discount from your purchase.

Anyone with the 21" silver wheels ordered and installed the silver Gators? Seen plenty of black on both the silver and grey wheels but nothing with the silver option. Curious how close the colors match and if it helps eliminate the "smaller wheel" look that is created with the black ones.

If you have them - would you post some photos and help a brother out?

It looks like one of my Alloy Gators may have broken. Part of it is separating from the wheel/tire and it looks like the nylon may have broken. I was unable to get it to go back. My other wheels are fine, including one where the AG saved my rim from a curb. I contacted AG and will see how they respond.

-Aaron