Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Internal temp sensor location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it say anywhere in the car what the internal temp is? It's on the app, but I can't seem to find it in the car.

Not that any of us have been able to find, seems to only be exposed on the app.

My WAG, is it's located somewhere in the headliner, maybe by the mirror, since they've run power cables for the 2 lights located nearby. It probably should be located near (or in) the center console.

Not sure where it is in my Model S, but my past few ICE's have had a very small "vent" that draws air in over a sensor with a small fan. This coupled with a sunlight sensor on the top of the dash and an external temperature sensor gave the climate control what it needed to work. Wonder if Model S has this kind of aspirated internal sensor?

Just to point it out. Even when it is cool or cold (as low as 60F or so) the inside of you car can EASILY get to 100F or more.

I agree that the interior temperature sensor is reading on the high side, but seeing these high numbers doesn't mean it isn't very hot in your car.