Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An English Campaign

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Roadster will be on Fifth Gear this month of August and in Top Gear this Fall

Hmm, I thought I heard somewhere that Top Gear didn't want the Tesla on their show b/c it doesn't fit their show; this will be interesting. Since Tesla has the 1.5 drivetrain prototypes in the UK already there's a good chance that Top Gear will get to test a 1.5.

BTW, congrats to dpeilow also!

Fifth Gear show info here:

[14x04] September 1st, 2008 - FinalGear.com Forums
This week, Tiff Needell checks out KTM’s new four-wheeler; Vicki attends the Goodwood Festival of Speed to see two eco-friendly cars; Tom Ford reviews the controversial new BMW X6; Jonny Smith sits in judgement at the Ultimate Street Car modified-car show; and Jason Plato stages another shoot-out, this time with two offerings from Honda.

Elsewhere, Vicki has her sights set on all things glamorous at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. This prestigious event is littered with celebrities and champagne flutes, but the real stars of the show are the machines on display. In particular, Vicki checks out the sleek Tesla Roadster and the clever Breckland Beira. The Roadster is the first car produced by Silicon Valley’s Tesla Motors. The manufacturer only makes vehicles that run on electricity – in the Roadster’s case, a lithium-ion battery pack that takes it 220 miles on a single charge.
2665223733_4c42cedc6b.jpg
2665222075_d45f8e8756.jpg

I thank you very much :biggrin:

@ stopcrazypp: What I heard - and I'm not sure if this is 100% concrete yet - is that the car may be on Top Gear in the autumn/fall. I think they are coming round to the idea that a quick car doesn't have to have one type of fuel only.

Very cool David. Congratulations. Of course now they'll have to demote Simon Rochefort for mentioning someone who posts on this site. :biggrin:

So an appearance on the very next series of Top Gear. In the words of Mr Burns: "Excellent"

They must be filming it round about now. I hope Tesla have been able to provide several cars to minimise breaks in filming for recharging.

Who knows, it might even coincide with a Whitestar announcement. Solid news of the next (cheaper) model will do a great deal to clearly demonstrate Tesla's strategy to the terminally slow.

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]
They must be filming it round about now. I hope Tesla have been able to provide several cars to minimize breaks in filming for recharging.
I'm thinking three or four cars all the same color.
They do a LOT of coverage on TG. You will need to give a fresh car to The Stig for the best track times and there will be the 0-60 timed runs and the host will need a fresh car for his drives. Then they mount the cameras IN the car ON the car and around the car. Then there are the driveby shots in multiple locations and the traveling shots from the van to the car. Most of these have to be done in separate runs. It's a lot of hard (spirited) driving.

Three or four cars would also help minimize the writer/drivers/ angst while charging. That feeling would surely end up in the piece. That said though, the TG take on the car would probably be written before they get out to the track...

Here in California Tesla has the car in a trailer with a 120V genny they use to top off the car when giving rides. Generators in the UK must be 220V so a similar setup would be even better (faster) over there.

edit:
Actually I never saw the CA genny, I just assumed it was 120V.
[/FONT]