Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air conditioner A/C doesnt blow cold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I am missing something, but turned on my A/C today for the first time, and it didn't blow cold.. at all. I reset the center screen? to see if that would do something, played with all the climate settings, nothing.

Anyone else ever have an issue with their A/C? Any other ideas on how to fix??

Too cold here yet for a/c but when I took my Get Amped test drive last summer, and drove one in California last September, I was very impressed with the a/c performance. On high you could hang meat in there on the hottest of summer days.

My a/c worked just fine in Texas when the temperatures were in the thirties a few days ago. I couldn't see the power consumption needle move either so it's not going to affect range that much. Of course, when it gets to 45+ this summer, it may be a different story.

My AC is horrid! AC is set at 67 for hours but inside 79 (that's what my app says). Outside it was 79. Yes I have Pano roof. I have no idea what the temp is in the back seat but it has to be much hotter. I've complained yet I'm told it's normal.

I drove a 85+ and it was cold on a hot sunny day.

The heater on the other had is great.

My AC is horrid! AC is set at 67 for hours but inside 79 (that's what my app says). Outside it was 79. Yes I have Pano roof. I have no idea what the temp is in the back seat but it has to be much hotter. I've complained yet I'm told it's normal.

I drove a 85+ and it was cold on a hot sunny day.

The heater on the other had is great.

Your AC is clearly not working.

This isn't normal. You need to complain up the chain. Start with [email protected]

Lots of AC problems here. 2013: brought car in because AC was waking the neighbors. Told it was a normal sound. Six weeks later AC stopped cooling altogether and SC finally fixed it. 2014: brought car in because AC was waking the neighbors (again) and was told everything is normal and fine. Six weeks later (today) guess what? Noise is even louder and no cooling whatsoever. Going back in for service again this week. Getting very tired of this.

On the lower "Custom Auto" screen, above the three dark blue AUTO indicators is a lighter setting called "Reset Auto" That one is like a MAX in ICE cars. In my case, it will freeze me out very quickly. Discovered by accident, really like it. I at first thot our A/C was poor but now really like it.
Old Burt

On the lower "Custom Auto" screen, above the three dark blue AUTO indicators is a lighter setting called "Reset Auto" That one is like a MAX in ICE cars. In my case, it will freeze me out very quickly. Discovered by accident, really like it. I at first thot our A/C was poor but now really like it.
Old Burt

On my car, "Reset Auto" simply puts the system back in to full Auto mode, not MAX A/C. In my previous cars, MAX A/C would simply change the air to recirculate from outside air and, in some cases, bump the fan speed up a bit.

The Tesla does seem to give a lot more preference to Recirculate when in Auto mode, but it will eventually flip over to outside air when in full Auto mode.