Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Chrome "TESLA" text painted - and car named...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All -

For a while now, I've been thinking about getting the embossed "TESLA" text on the rear chrome bar painted so it stands out more... Kind of felt Tesla should have done it all along. So yesterday I finally took the plunge and had a pin striping guy paint the raised text Blue to match the body color. Here are the results....

Also - have finally named my car after someone on the forums here from Europe decided to name his soon to arrive baby... "Serenity". Found black & white decals on Amazon - got the black one today and fitted it -- what do you guys think? When the white one arrives, I'll test fit it under the "Model S" badging to see how it looks....

Aaron

IMG_0732.jpg
IMG_0733.jpg
IMG_0734.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All -

For a while now, I've been thinking about getting the embossed "TESLA" text on the rear chrome bar painted so it stands out more... Kind of felt Tesla should have done it all along. So yesterday I finally took the plunge and had a someone paint the raised text Blue to match the body color. Here are the results....

Also - have finally named my car after someone on the forums here from Europe decided to name his soon to arrive baby... "Serenity". Found black & white decals on Amazon - got the black one today and fitted it -- what do you guys think? When the white one arrives, I'll test fit it under the "Model S" badging to see how it looks....

Aaron

View attachment 18807View attachment 18808View attachment 18809

Hope you don't mind if I copy you and do the same thing for Lithie.

Reactions: Tucker48

Thanks TIM!

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Looks good Aaron. Just make sure your car wash guy with the steam cleaner is careful around the decal.

Lanny

Hey Lanny!!!!

I just had the car steam washed today! When I got home, the decal was waiting for me in the mail - so it was perfect timing!
Hope everything else has been well with you! Want to see you soon when I pass through to visit my sister in Richmond!

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

Hope you don't mind if I copy you and do the same thing for Lithie.

Liz G

Please do! Thats why I posted these pictures! Are you going to do the painting of the letters, decal or both?

Aaron

- - - Updated - - -

nice! Hopefully it won't start looking like Serenity any time soon!

Thats pretty funny Hank.... Great ship she is - but I hope to keep this "Serenity" in tip top shape!

Aaron

Well, you inspired me. Just so happens I received some oil-based Sharpie paint pens today from Amazon. Since my car was black, I went ahead and blacked out the letters. Looks great! Before & after below... Sorry the after pic isnt great as it was in the garage at night with my cellphone...

View attachment 18825View attachment 18824

Scott

LOOKS GREAT!!!! I'm so glad I've inspired you guys!

I had a pinstriper paint the lettering... He mixed the paint on the spot (on a magazine no less) to get the color right and then painted it by hand.... But the oil-based sharpie was probably super easy! Didn't even know they made them!

Aaron

PS - Now that I have "TESLA" painted in - I will probably replace the silver Tesla license plate frame since having the 2 "Tesla's" is a bit redundant. I still have a white "Serenity" decal coming to see what that may look like under the "Model S" badging - and if I don't like that, I may try getting a plate frame with Serenity on the bottom lip (where your's says "Electric") in the same font as the decal I got. I have to see... I may not want to keep the black decal on the chrome strip since it does look a little out of place...

Opinions everyone? I will post a pic when I get the white decal....

Last edited:
Have to say the colored TESLA letters are a home run, no, a grand slam! I'd send them a photo, I think Franz would take one look and go YES! Can you get a chromed plate that says 'Model S'? That would pull it together nicely.

First impression of Serenity was lukewarm, but the whole 'name a your car like people name their boats' is sort of cool. What if Tesla offered this like when you get the back of your ipod engraved? If they can add 'TESLA' to a piece of chrome I'm sure those robotic arms could be programmed learn cursive and write any name you want.

Agree with you the lettering needs a "pop".

Can you please explain this process a little more.
"pin striping guy paint the raised text Blue to match the body color"
Never heard of pin striping, (nor'd I heard of wrapping til here and then went down that road with bad results.)

I just ordered frames that simply say at the bottom "100% ELECTRIC".

My car I call Nikki (short for Nicola) so the lettering would have to be to the left!