Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Napa, Ca to Walla Walla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
I'm in the very early stages of planning a road trip from Northern California to Walla Walla, WA this summer. I would likely not attempt unless additional Superchargers are in place by, say, August 31. And I don't have dual chargers, which really annoys me, I hadn't understood the importance of them in doing road trips when I configured last fall. In any event, I'm thinking of an itinerary that includes Portland, The Dalles, Walla Walla on the trip up. Then Bend and down on the return. Any tips would be much appreciated.

I think the best way to plan this is to use plugshare or similar to map your way. Also, sign up for Blink, Chargepoint, etc. networks and get their cards for the trip. It helps to have these things in place so you can stop at any of these company locations to charge if needed.

Getting to Portland shouldn't be too hard.

In Portland, there are a ton of chargers in the suburbs and in town.

I've looked at the trip from Portland to Walla Walla, and there isn't much along the way. You'll need to leave Portland (250 miles to Walla Walla) with a range charge and then stop at Hood River (Providence hospital or in town). I'd recommend 2-3+ hours of recharging on a J1772 and then making the 180 mile drive to Walla Walla. If you run into trouble, there is a Nissan dealer in the Dalles with a J1772. After the Dalles, it's 110 only until you get to Walla Walla unless make a slight detour to Kennewick/Richland.

You are welcome to charge on my NEMA-14-50 if / when you make it.

I'm in the very early stages of planning a road trip from Northern California to Walla Walla, WA this summer. I would likely not attempt unless additional Superchargers are in place by, say, August 31. And I don't have dual chargers, which really annoys me, I hadn't understood the importance of them in doing road trips when I configured last fall. In any event, I'm thinking of an itinerary that includes Portland, The Dalles, Walla Walla on the trip up. Then Bend and down on the return. Any tips would be much appreciated.

You can add the dual charger for $3500 after delivery at the service center.