Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More superchargers soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the George B blog post:

We will be adding Supercharger coverage in many areas over the next three to four months, installing our first Superchargers in the Pacific Northwest, Texas, Illinois, and Florida with additional coverage in the Northeast and California.

Can't wait!

I-40 would be great (especially for Route 66ers)

+1

I bet they stage in the entire thing: I-40 all the way from Barstow to Raleigh and connect to I-95.

Surely soon we'll hear about Superchargers on I-10 from LA to Phoenix, I-17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff, and I-40 from Flagstaff to Barstow. That would enable a lot of travel. Kingman is a bit more than 100 miles from the strip. Barstow to Kingman is a bit far at just over 200 miles, especially with the altitude changes and blaring heat during the summer, but there's a stop about half way, Hi Sahara Oasis, just north of Essex. Kingman to Flagstaff is just under 150 miles, albeit uphill with 75mph speed limit.

Then, assuming Texas Superchargers will be along I-35 between Dallas/Fort Worth & San Antonio and I-45 between D/FW & Houston, and Pacific Northwest & additional California Superchargers will enable travel from WA (& maybe even BC) all the way to Barstow, adding some along I-40 between Flagstaff & OKC and I-35 between OKC & Dallas would allow travel from Seattle (& maybe even Vancouver) all the way to Houston!

Then they complete the route from OKC to Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Greensboro, & on to Raleigh. By that time, I-95 Boston to Miami will be complete. Now the whole West Coast & East Coast are covered, with I-40 connecting them.

Feeling lonely and isolated here in Colorado. We need a supercharger or two between Denver and Santa Fe/ABQ […] oh, pretty please?

+1 : Two along I-25 between Albuquerque & Denver will enable trips to my nearest service center! I'm one of the 1% farther than 100 miles from the closest one.

But my guess is we'll first see I-40 from Barstow to Flagstaff & I-17 from there to Phoenix (see my post above). A few more along I-40 from Flagstaff to ABQ would enable trips to the (not yet open) Scottsdale service center for Burqueños like myself.

Last edited: