Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Tesla store location(s)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Store Miami

From Twitter:

Twitter / marcsiry asked,

"@djsiry how's Miami?"

To which Twitter / djsiry replied,

"@marcsiry productive - found a store location that I think will work.
Also good to see dad and let him meet Gemma"

So apparently he's in Miami right now and has found what he thinks will
be the location for Miami's Tesla Store. I'm guessing it'll either be on Lincoln Road (unlikely, might be too expensive, not enough space) or maybe in downtown near the Brickell area (more likely) or maybe at Miami Beach or calle ocho (that's a joke) or perhaps Coral Gables or Coconut Grove (much more likely)

To everyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, this is what if feels like when all everyone is talking about California! To find out everything, maybe Domenick can interview Siry. You can just twitter him. From reading his "twitters" I see that he has met up with people through twitter before.

You guys can count on me to take pics of the store, when, where and if it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd Tesla store?

I am thinking the 3rd store will be in FL. We have heard talk of Darryl being there to check out places and I think they need to have something on the east coast pretty fast to solidify the market area. All cars can't be delivered 3000 miles :biggrin:

WarpedOne,

Kevin is correct. The next store will most likely be in FL. DS is traveling in Europe right now but has been working actively with a broker in that state. Interestingly he has also been soliciting a lot of input from the current FL customers regarding their thoughts on potential sites. He's doing this through the owners section of the TM web site. I was very happy to see DS take this kind of approach. Of course sometimes when you ask for everyone's 2 cents worth, all you end up with is a pile of pennies!

DS also had some trips to New York recently for looking at sites, so I suppose it's a bit of a toss-up. It depends on where they can get a confirmed good site first I suppose. Since they hardly got any cars to sell yet it seems kind of silly to spend lots of money on store rent until they can start earning money.

Cobos

I'm going to repost my post on the future/possible Miami store.

From Twitter:

Twitter / marcsiry asked,

"@djsiry how's Miami?"

"To which Twitter / djsiry replied,

"@marcsiry productive - found a store location that I think will work.
Also good to see dad and let him meet Gemma"

So apparently he's in Miami right now and has found what he thinks will
be the location for Miami's Tesla Store. I'm guessing it'll either be on Lincoln Road (unlikely, might be too expensive, not enough space) or maybe in downtown near the Brickell area (more likely) or Calle Ocho (that's a joke) or maybe Miami Beach or perhaps Coral Gables or Coconut Grove (much more likely)

To everyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, this is what if feels like when all everyone is talking about California! To find out everything, maybe Domenick can interview Siry. You can just twitter him. From reading his "twitters" I see that he has met up with people through twitter before.

You guys can count on me to take pics of the store, when, where and if it happens."

A little update. Something someone who lives on Miami Beach pointed out to me: there are no car dealerships on Miami Beach. Maybe because of zoning laws?

A lot of the input DS is getting on the owners section of the TM site (from current FL owners), are suggestions for other city locations. He's been very positive in his responses to those owners (waitlisters) and he says he is looking into cities other than Miami as well. I think the Twitter statements are a little old (didn't go check) as his more recent comments on TM site indicate he is in Europe....was last week anyway.

Obvioulsy I can't type as fast as DaveD...:biggrin:

Last edited:
"Siry asked FL owners for feedback on the FL Tesla Store location, and the popular feeling amongst them is that it should be in the Ft. Lauderdale area, near I-75."

Miami is a far larger city than Ft. Lauderdale, and IMO, is much more international. It's as if you funneled all of Latin America and the Carribean into Miami. It's almost assumed you speak Spanish. I'm not sure how large the European population is in general, but I know for a fact that there are tons of French folks. Not to mention, there's also a large Jewish community here too. On the other hand, Ft. Lauderdale is pretty much all American.

Something else very important: Miami is a big car city. Everywhere you go, you will see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, ect. and you cannot keep count of those fancy German cars.

In my opinion, the best place to sell luxury cars is in a place that is vain, international, and large. Miami wins.

By the way, the Ft. Lauderdale area near I-75 is pretty much just a surburban wasteland. To get an idea of where you are here, this is where Sawgrass Mills is located, a giant discount shopping center, sixth largest in the US. It's not half-bad; the problem is that it is in the middle of nowhere. If they really wanted to choose Ft. Lauderdale, at least put the store downtown.

I just can't hide my Miami pride, home of the world's rudest, worst drivers.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I plan to place my order next year so here is at least a penny's worth on location.

<<< Joseph Wrote ..Something else very important: Miami is a big car city. Everywhere you go, you will see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, ect. and you cannot keep count of those fancy German cars. >>>

Miami doesn't have a lock on cars. They are scattered all over the state and common just about everywhere. Florida is a great car state and I certainly have to agree with Joseph and domenick that Tesla will do well here. 75% of the people work for small businesses scattered all over the state. Many of those owners can spend any amount they please on a car. It is also home to wealthy retirees, especially on the west coast. They splurge too.

The problem with Miami is that it's just too congested and by some accounts”unsafe” to visit. A location in Miami would, in my opinion, actually lead to reduced sales. It's also at the end of the state and difficult for many to reach. If Tesla sets up their mobile service with pick up and delivery etc. It doesn't matter where the dealership is located. I think Orlando would be the overall best and most central location especially for the west coast folks, however, if we want to start out in the Miami area, then locate about 100 to 150 miles north of Miami. The majority of the east coast population could reach the dealership on one charge. Travel distance should be be part of the consideration.

Tesla, being all electric, isn't just competing with the Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, etc. It's expensive, but has it's own market. People who can afford it, will buy just because it is electric. Here's a reason most wouldn't consider:

Hurricanes..!!
We went through Charlie, Floyd and Jeanne. This part of the state was heavily damaged. Here's what we learned. Before the storm, the stores sell out of water, ice and canned goods. The gas stations are sold out. The main roads are jammed and we travel the back roads. Trucks can't get in to resupply the stores. After the storm, power is out and trucks still can't get in to resupply. Now, power is quickly restored to the priority lines, hospitals etc. You can find a restaurant or other business with power to get a charge (at least for now). You can't buy gas and when gas is finally available, the lines are huge. In a time like this getting around without having to worry about gas is great insurance.

The second reason is that sooner or later gas shortages will occur. We just don't know when or how severe. Getting an EV here is a priority.

Florida isn't great Roadster country. You pull out of the drive, turn on cruise control and move along straight flat roads. Having an EV here, however, is a huge Plus..!!! My guess is that they will sell well all over the state and not just in Miami.

Miami locatoin

As a Signature buyer in Boca Raton, I have an interest in the dealership location, because like it or not, I anticipate being there for various reasons on an ongoing basis. Clearly Tesla isn't making a decision based solely on geography or convenience or it would be located somewhere between Lake Okeechobee and Orlando. Given the marketing related opportunities and requirements of the first sites, Tesla needs to be in the Southeast part of the state.

Contrary to previous posts, I certainly don't agree that the majority of eligible purchasers are in Miami, nor do I believe that Miami is multi-cultural and sophisticated while the rest of the area is inhabited by whitebread.

I think Ft. Lauderdale gives the best mix of marketing chic, elegance and access for the area. Hopefully, Siry and other decision makers will agree.

<<< j-g.... I think Ft. Lauderdale gives the best mix of marketing chic, elegance and access for the area. >>>

Anything North of Miami is a good choice. I support your comments.

Thanks and Good Luck

DS is currently asking NY area customers to give input on a location for the store there. He did this after the request for input on the FL store location, so maybe this is store number 4? I'm sure they could happen in any order. He is a native of NY so he has plenty of ideas of his own. Still good to see him soliciting info and opinions.

Has there been any feedback as to where in NY? A while back I posted on the TM blog regarding a Manhattan based store. Manhattan may not be feasible because many customers will live in the suburbs. Those living in Manhattan will require access to an indoor garage with a charging outlet nearby. Not impossible of course but more the exception than the rule. May I suggest locations in Westchester county or Connecticut. These locations would serve a larger group of owners. I do plan to own a Model S one day.