Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vent Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't order HPWC, but parcel shelf and spoiler have not appeared as yet - almost 3 months now. Getting the vent upgrade and P85 badge tomorrow. So things are a bit slow for the backordered items, but it doesn't really matter as I have the car!

Doug, where are you getting the upgrade done (TO, Laval or by ranger visit)? I have mine scheduled to be done next week.

Did they contact you or did you have to ask for the upgrade? They told me when I picked up that they would contact me to schedule a time to install the vent...

They contacted me. They're probably working through the list in rough order of delivery. I got my car Dec 20.

- - - Updated - - -

For reference purposes, here's what it looks like:

IMG_1561.JPG

No vent upgrade.

IMG_1560.JPG

Has vent upgrade.

From the driver or passenger seat you really can't see it.

That looks like a good solution for the windshield, however, the driver's side window fogs up bad in my car. I can get my windshield to clear fairly rapidly with the existing configuration so I don't need that particular fix. i was under the impression Tesla had a modification to the A pillar that would clear the side window fogging. Any indication from Tesla when that will be available. Directed to those that may be in the know.

Two observations:

1. The new vents have louvers that direct the air towards the side of the vehicle.

2. We did not have significant problems with the passenger side window; just the driver's side. So I'm going to assume that it is possible to clear the driver's side window from the dashboard vent, if the air is (a) strong enough and (b) directed appropriately.

So I'm going to assume this will fix both windows. Probably will have to wait until December to really verify it.

The odd thing is, I live in a mild climate and the windshield fogging was never a problem in my locale, clearing almost immediately when activating the CC button. The driver's side window is another matter thou. In it's current configuration the window fogs easily and obscures the drivers side view mirror. I was hoping for a vent in the A pillar as depicted in the design studio mockup to make for rapid defogging.

I got my vent upgraded last week... Don't know if it works better since the weather has been good, but now there's a rattle in the dash right in the middle behind the display. I was tempted to not get upgrade since I don't like messing with the finish of the car.

anyone else with the upgrade have some rattles?

ps. Doug, I'm your neighbor. Hoping to see you at Starbucks again. :)

I got my vent upgraded last week... Don't know if it works better since the weather has been good, but now there's a rattle in the dash right in the middle behind the display. I was tempted to not get upgrade since I don't like messing with the finish of the car.

anyone else with the upgrade have some rattles?

ps. Doug, I'm your neighbor. Hoping to see you at Starbucks again. :)

Also have new rattles...