Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Nav/Satellite Radio/bluetooth for Roadster 1.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2010 Roadster, which should be identical for audio setup. I'm looking to do the same thing, so a few days ago I went to an audio shop around here that was recommended, "Audio Images" in Burlingame. They recommended the Pioneer AVH-X7500BT Single Din flip up, which should be available in the next two to four weeks. They also recommended Focal speakers for the front and back.

Total cost would be about $1500 out the door, which I'm willing to spend. If you take a look at the head unit, it looks to have pretty good functionality and the speakers sounded great. If I get mine done before you do, i'll let you know how it turns out.

I just checked it out. It's retailing for $500 plus $400 for the Nav. If you want to get the backup camera and other accessories it's more. Are they including the Nav and camera install?

No need to buy the nav, in fact they recommended I don't buy it. One of the features of the head unit is that if you plugin your iPhone and open Waze or other map applications, it will be displayed and controllable on the head units touch screen. This means that you don't have to buy map updates in the future and as Waze updates those features are available on the bigger screen.

Money saved! Are you installing the rear camera?

I'm debating that now. I'm interested in having it as we know our view is so limited, but I don't know what the cost will be to have it installed as they will need to run cable from the front to the back and have it mounted. When the head unit becomes available i'll inquire about the backup camera.

Update
Audio Images has quoted between $300-$500 to install depending on the mounting location, and the camera module is $400. Looking at between $700-$900 total for a backup camera.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I just finalized my purchase of a 2008 Roadster that has a "Blaujunk" basic system as per the original owner. Thanks to your homework I'm installing the Pioneer Single Din flipup with Alpine speakers. Much appreciated. I'm not installing the backup camera at this time to minimize costs!!!