Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS info - help find the OEM manufacturer!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased an extra set of TPM Sensors. The tech said that he thinks the sensors were made by BERU.

Tesla P/N: 1010938-00-A (silver valve stem)

Writing on the sensors:

V02: FS15L1-120830-010152D1 (The L could be I or L. It's not 1.)
E13*10R00*10R02*9986*00
FCC ID: TZSTPMS201

I haven't had the time to find out if they are BERU sensors, but if we can find the BERU part number, we could purchase them somewhere else. From tesla, they are $125/ea.

After doing some digging it looks like the supplier is TPMS-Africa (TPMS Fleets - TPMS Africa is the OE supplier of TPMS for TESLA & Dongfeng-Nissan)

I will do more digging to see if I can get an OEM part number instead of just a TESLA part number.

Edit: Doing a search for the FCC ID came up with this document which looks quite a lot like the TESLA unit (http://sumerco.com/IKCO%20proposal%20final.pdf)

Edit2: It looks like giving a call to Valor may be in order since they seem to be the US arm for the TPMS and do OEM applications. OEM

Last edited:
Any idea if that sensor reports the actual tire pressure via CAN bus? I ask because I'm wondering if they'll ever have the pressure listed in the main display. It souls like some TPMS only report if they are high/low relative to the ranges that have been set on them, and I'm wondering if the MS sensors are like this.

Any idea if that sensor reports the actual tire pressure via CAN bus? I ask because I'm wondering if they'll ever have the pressure listed in the main display. It souls like some TPMS only report if they are high/low relative to the ranges that have been set on them, and I'm wondering if the MS sensors are like this.

I posted an answer to the same question in another thread. My assumption is that right now, it's alert-based only. A service bulletin required the service centers to reprogram the TPMS module from 39 psi to 36.5 psi, and it was done using the direct TPMS tool. If it were possible to read the pressures, my guess is that Tesla would just code the alert functionality into the car's management software and push it as a software update instead of hand-programming the TPMS unit.

They may end up getting there at some point, though... I agree it's an important functionality to have.