Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker Radio skips and/or pauses is at the beginning of every song

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it seems like on almost every song at the very beginning either the song goes into pause or is frozen for at least 10 seconds. I've never used Slacker Radio before so I'm not sure if this is normal. Does everyone or anyone out there have the similar experience? Or should I bring this in for service? I think I see this happen at different strengths of the 3g signal.

it seems like on almost every song at the very beginning either the song goes into pause or is frozen for at least 10 seconds. I've never used Slacker Radio before so I'm not sure if this is normal. Does everyone or anyone out there have the similar experience? Or should I bring this in for service? I think I see this happen at different strengths of the 3g signal.

It's all software-based, methinks, so I doubt service would help, but it wouldn't hurt to call (or e-mail ownership) to see. I have noticed this, but only occasionally--I forget how long, but probably more than 10 seconds. I don't use Slacker Radio much, though, so it might be happening more often than I'd thought.

I know nothing about Slacker, but it shouldn't be normal! It's a bug for sure, IMHO. Even if it were a streaming hiccup, it seems like it should wait to get enough of the song--not just skip it however-many-seconds-it's-been-waiting. It's given me a mediocre impression of Slacker, honestly.

There was little to no waiting for buffering for me in the past few months until the past week, I am not sure what is causing it but it had been slow and buffering. Yesterday was very bad for me, taking 5 to 10 seconds to buffer and getting stuck in the middle of songs and then skipping. I am guessing that this is either cell access or issues at slacker.

I've had this happen in 4.2 when something gets "out of whack" with the entertainment system. Another symptom is that after a song plays on Slacker, it advances to the next song but goes in "pause" mode and you have to hit the "play" button to make it play the song -- FOR EVERY SONG.

A reboot of the center screen typically solved it.

I haven't seen it for several weeks now on 4.3.

I've had this happen in 4.2 when something gets "out of whack" with the entertainment system. Another symptom is that after a song plays on Slacker, it advances to the next song but goes in "pause" mode and you have to hit the "play" button to make it play the song -- FOR EVERY SONG.

A reboot of the center screen typically solved it.

I rebooted a day or two ago for an unrelated reason; as luck would have it I tried Slacker today and it was solid. Maybe the reboot helped me, too, and I didn't realize it; I haven't used it much this week. (I usually listen to audiobooks, or occasionally music, from my iPod.)

Im experiencing the exact same thing after a month of normal operation. Glad to know I'm not the only one! I'll have to try a reboot.

Yup, happens consistently since probably January. (I don't recall having the issue in 2012.)

- - - Updated - - -

You've been on 4.3 for several weeks?