Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Northern Virginia Model S Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's meet up somewhere this spring! What do you think? Let's get a list going...

kinddog
nrcooled
DaveVA
EricB (no word on Rakim)
swegman
dockt
kendallpb (ok, he's Maryland, but we'll forgive him)
andrewket
dddozier
XK8driver
Tempus

Plug Me In and CarreraScott, you guys can come if you want to make the drive from Charlottesville...

please add more NoVa member names. then we'll work on a date/time...

Last edited:
Any chance of coming South-ish? Without a Supercharger in DC (boo!) it might be pushing the range (unless we meet up somewhere with some other charging station). But I'm interested for sure.

Heck you guys can come down here and plug into my 14-50 and/or HPWC if it ever arrives...

Even with an HPWC, with multiple cars that won't work. Unless you want us to move in for a weekend. :/

Any chance of coming South-ish? Without a Supercharger in DC (boo!) it might be pushing the range (unless we meet up somewhere with some other charging station). But I'm interested for sure.

I'm sure there's someone closer (I'm in Silver Spring), plus I don't have my HPWC yet, but if you do come up, if all else fails, I can offer a 6-50 outlet. Hopefully someone better-located for the meet-up can offer something. I mean, yeah, you'd need to either drop your car off or go there after the meet-up...anyway, just trying to think of how to help here. ;-)

Let's meet up somewhere this spring! What do you think? Let's get a list going...

kinddog
nrcooled
DaveVA
EricB (no word on Rakim)
swegman
dockt
kendallpb (ok, he's Maryland, but we'll forgive him)

Plug Me In and CarreraScott, you guys can come if you want to make the drive from Charlottesville...

please add more NoVa member names. then we'll work on a date/time...

I'm kinda in NoVA...King George County, but count me in for any meetings!!

Any chance of meeting in Merrifield? Seems to be quite a few chargers between Target and Mom's Organic Grocery. I know the locals won't need to charge up, but if we drove up we'd need to charge up:

At Target in Merrifield -- Free EV Chargers -- 2905 District Avenue , Fairfax, VA 22031 -- also this Target has a big covered parking garage (multi level)

Also in the same shopping center, Mom's Organic Market has Free EV chargers -- 8298 Glass Alley, Fairfax, VA 22031

In this new mall area: http://mosaicdistrict.com/explore

Whoa, I just found this part of the forums... For some reason, I've been going to the Tesla Washington, DC forums for local stuff. Thanks for putting me on the list, kd. I'm definitely in -- expecting my S in a week or two!

kinddog, DaveVA, Tempus, andrewket, dddozier, aliljet, docket, Greg G and any others in VA DC MD,

There is going to be a Tesla-sponsored gathering on Sunday April 7th in Bowie, MD. It is at the Half Note Lounge at 4881 Glenn Dale Rd, Bowie, MD starting at 10:00.

There is also an event in DC on May 27th, Memorial Day that I'm organizing for the 99th anniversary of a gathering of electric cars that happened in DC in 1914. Plug-in Rally Electric Vehicle Sociability Run in Washington, DC

Lanny

kinddog, DaveVA, Tempus, andrewket, dddozier, aliljet, docket, Greg G and any others in VA DC MD,

There is going to be a Tesla-sponsored gathering on Sunday April 7th in Bowie, MD. It is at the Half Note Lounge at 4881 Glenn Dale Rd, Bowie, MD starting at 10:00.

There is also an event in DC on May 27th, Memorial Day that I'm organizing for the 99th anniversary of a gathering of electric cars that happened in DC in 1914. Plug-in Rally Electric Vehicle Sociability Run in Washington, DC

Lanny

Do you have any more details about the Bowie Tesla event? Link? I might show up for it.

Carrerascott,
You should be good for the drive from C'Ville to NOVA. My 60kWh made the drive in the cold from Leesburg there and back (200 miles) with only a 110 outlet charging in C'ville for 8 hours. Got back home with 40 miles to spare.

Thanks. My wife is going to take the S up to Tysons on Thursday, I'll do a Range charge and she should be good, but I do have some backup charge places mapped our for her, and told her to drive gently. ;)