Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CPO Roadsters on teslamotors.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes! Lots of these cars have less than like 1-3k miles. These cars are basically BRAND NEW. Do you people actually DRIVE cars after you buy them? LOL I put more miles than that on my cars PER MONTH. I've only had mine for 7 days now and I already have about 650 miles on it. Any car that has less than 15k is brand new to me IMO. I can't fathom spending $100k for an object that just sits in a garage and is never used.

Yes, the CPO Roadsters will have a CPO warranty. I've talked with them previously and that's part of them being in the program - they do some repair work and cosmetic work on the cars to bring them back up to a high standard (surely there's a link somewhere about what they do).

And as 'bart points out above, they're more expensive than the private market.

That Orange is awfully purty. I figure it would go especially well in the Pacific Northwest, or any other clime that sees a high percentage of gray / cloudy days. A color that will stand out, even when the lighting isn't perfect.

I did some poking around the website and I have not found anything out on the warranty. If anyone has info please let us all know.

I received this from someone at Tesla when I asked about CPO warranties. They still have not decided on an extended warranty for existing Roadster owners.

$3,000 – 1 year/12,000 miles

$4,000 – 2 year/24,000 miles

$5,000 – 3 year/36,000 miles

Is it me or are those prices incredibly high for a used vehicle?

I don't find them so high. A quick look at those prices feels like they are 30% (or so) below the new price for each car. With only 1-3 years of age and so few miles, with the fact that they are CPO and Tesla will give you some sort of a warranty (probably a pretty good one), and especially with so few of those cars out in the world, I'm entirely unsurprised to see this pricing. This is not a Civic, folks... this is a collectible, or surely will be in a few years.

Personally, I was shocked at how little Tesla offered me for my trade. Further, I was even MORE shocked when they told me (in the same written document) what they would sell it for. The number they said that they would sell it was less than I had seen any Roadster EVER sell for in a private party sale (which you would expect to be less than a Tesla CPO price).

I was able to sell (with multiple offers) for 15% more than they said they would sell it for and 35% more than they offered me.....and I did it all within a week.

Seems weird.

Maybe the prices are based on what Tesla has into them.

I like Lightning Green VIN1031, the carbon fiber accents against the green body look very sharp. I'm surprised it's priced lower than Thunder Grey VIN994 which is a similar model but has more miles.

Especially since the Green has a bunch of interior CF that the Grey doesn't. The Green doesn't have the paint armour, but that's not a big deal with cars having these low miles.

Maybe Grey is a more popular color?

Personally, I was shocked at how little Tesla offered me for my trade. Further, I was even MORE shocked when they told me (in the same written document) what they would sell it for. The number they said that they would sell it was less than I had seen any Roadster EVER sell for in a private party sale (which you would expect to be less than a Tesla CPO price).

I was able to sell (with multiple offers) for 15% more than they said they would sell it for and 35% more than they offered me.....and I did it all within a week.

I consigned my Roadster to an exotic car dealer who failed to sell it over the span of three months; an early offer failed to meet the reserve price and nothing else came close. So I ended up trading it in on my S and, except for the price Tesla gave me, found the experience quite painless. In the end, Tesla turned around and sold it to its new owner for a price that was well above anything I expected to get from a private sale.

So the moral of this story is, I guess, that used Roadsters represent a small, volatile market. And YMMV.

The prices definitely are high compared to the private seller market without warranty and without Tesla putting on new tires and whatever else is needed to make the cars like new. But buying that from Tesla is very different from an out of warranty private seller transaction - at least in perception.