Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Do I Need To Tell The Electrician For My Electric Meter ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to install a Nema 14-50 , what do I need to do? The inside fuse box has two 100 amp switches then the outside (Photo) meter has CL 200 120v etc. take a look at the photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 1,054
Well, your electrician will likely take a look and see before giving you a firm quote.

Your meter is rated at 200A but it sounds like you only have a 100A panel. Just tell your electrician that you need a 50A circuit with a 14-50R for a 40A continuous load.

That is an Itron Centron self-contained 200 amp meter. This type of meter can supply services up to 200 amps (typically either 100 or 200 amps) and is the defacto standard on the majority of residential services (not Itron, just this class of meter). Do as FlasherZ recommends, because the meter is of little importance in this matter.

Can I put on a 100 amp on my configuration for the HPWC ? I have on the fuse box two switches, one 100 amp and one 100 amp.

If you give us a photo of your electrical panels we can give you a better indication. My guess is, if you have only a 100 amp main, that you won't be able to support a 80A continuous load. But give us some pictures and we can help.

Either way, you may want to call an electrician in to look it over and give you advice.