Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Internet Snacking' Coming to GM Vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GM stressed that front seat occupants won't have access to Internet-based video or browsing capabilities, but will still get the advantages of Internet-based navigation, remote vehicle diagnostics, and other features.

So, if I read this correctly .... if someone in the backseat hands their iPad to the adult in the front passenger seat to look at something, it will lose the connection. That's some kind of precision! What if the front passenger seat is all the way back/driver seat all the way forward? What exactly is the 'no-browsing' zone?

So, if I read this correctly .... if someone in the backseat hands their iPad to the adult in the front passenger seat to look at something, it will lose the connection. That's some kind of precision! What if the front passenger seat is all the way back/driver seat all the way forward? What exactly is the 'no-browsing' zone?[/FONT][/COLOR]

hmm I think it's more of a built-in thing. retrofitted to the seats or something? That's how I interpreted it. Clearly if there is a signal there and this is done via wireless, it's pretty hard to block a signal within one foot of an 'ok to use zone', lol.

This article reminded me of the Men's health quote "Why can't you just start at awesome."

GM obviously can't. The have this amazing capability but shackle it. Tesla did the opposite.

And I am spoiled I always Lolz at 8" screen comments. Not impressed.