Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Caron Fiber Door Sills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My stock door sills were cracked when I bought my car from the previous owner. I contemplated spending the $1400 for the Tesla Carbon Fiber Door Sills, or buying these from eBay Carbon Fiber Door Sills for Roadster.

Instead, I decided to buy this Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap made by 3M on Amazon. It took about one hour and I only had enough Vinyl to cover one sill, but I was very impressed and will be doing the passender sill in a week or so when the other roll comes in. There are a few imperfections, but overall I think it looks really good. I'll provide an update when I find out if they show scuffs and how easy they are to clean.

IMG_0441 - Version 2.jpg
IMG_0442 - Version 2.jpg
IMG_0444 - Version 2.jpg
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: dhrivnak
Today, I received my second roll of vinyl. I installed it on the passenger side sill, and it went better than the first. Since I am careful on my side to prevent scratches and scrapes, we will see how the passenger side holds up.

IMG_0463_2.jpg

Looks very nice. Will be interested to hear how it holds up.
The other day I was sitting on the driver side sill to wash the inside of the windows, and my iPhone was in my back pocket. When I stood up I noticed a scrape on the sill. It's less noticeable from most angles, but definitely there. There are still no scrapes from my shoes.

IMG_0465_2.jpg

Reactions: dhrivnak
Completely unrelated note:
I find it so interesting that your car, being a 2.0, has the 2008 interior seatback logo design. I suppose being one of the first 2.0's, they may not have switched logos yet?

Were these your original seats?