Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We are now on a new server.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took a while for me to finally be able to log in and post. Might have had something to do with my moderator status. Only problem I see now is that I still get a "Moving Servers" message when visit the site with my Windows Mobile device.

I've determined that on my PDA I'm able to view URLs starting with "teslamotorsclub.com" fine where as "www.teslamotorsclub.com" URLs all go to a "Moving servers" message. The problem is most links to threads start with the "www" and in order to read anything, I have to edit out the "www." manually each time. Would be nice if we can get this fixed.

I found that last night I went back to the "moving servers" message on my DSL line, but my 3G UMTS connection was working. However the 3G connection doesn't allow Flickr viewing (adult content apparently) and I was getting fed up with switching between them.

I solved it by adding this to my LMHOSTS file:

Code:
64.22.96.78	www.teslamotorsclub.com	#PRE
64.22.96.78	teslamotorsclub.com	#PRE

Then stop and start the network connection / flush DNS (this is on Vista, your mileage may vary on other OSes).

Now I am resolving the new server every time.

I've had trouble all day today getting to the top level ("teslamotorsclub.com"). I thought the entire site was down (again), when by co-incidence -- rather than picking my usual shortcut to top-level -- I typed directly into the browser's address bar and picked a topic of the previous entries cached there. It worked. Long story short ... eventually I figured out that only the top level is "broken". But it's very hard to get to the discussion hierarchy without starting at the top. If I click on the top level (in FF 2.0.xxx) a window pops up like so:

Ooops ... can't upload attachments ... lots of error messages ...

Anyway, it says in the pop-up "You have chosen to open" lots of blank space, then "which is a: application/x-httpd-php" and "from: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com" and "What should Firefox do with this file?" and it offers to "Save to Disk".

Similar result in IE7, in addition giving a file size of 35.3KB.

(It was pretty hard navigating to this thread without starting at the top!)

Any clue what's happening ?

I can't upload attachments either. Tried FF and IE and got an error...

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/dsacks7/attachments/7/5/4) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/dsacks6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /includes/functions_file.php on line 60

More Trouble ...

Yeah ... those error messages look familiar (from my attempts last night).

I still can not get to the "top level" ... but I have now "discovered" a feature I've not used before: the "Forum Jump" scroll list (at bottom right of pages) ... It does not fix the issue, but it band-aids the problem and give me back my daily dose of TMC :smile: More addictive than caffeine !

Hopefully the "top level" problem "goes away" too ...

Update: I am now also having the "top level" symptoms with this link: News, Articles and Events - Tesla Motors Club Forum

Last edited: