Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My car was damaged during loading! Wow...

So there is an interesting end to this story. This morning Tesla called and told me that they had mistakenly thought it was my vehicle that was damaged when actually it was another vehicle that was damaged. I took delivery a couple of hours ago and am getting used to it. My first thought was that, wow, this is a beautiful car. I have to say that the service I've gotten from Tesla so far has been A+.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth125 View Post
    So there is an interesting end to this story. This morning Tesla called and told me that they had mistakenly thought it was my vehicle that was damaged when actually it was another vehicle that was damaged.
    Middle, not end.
    That sound you're hearing is the worried thoughts of everyone else that hasn't taken delivery yet.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    Middle, not end.
    That sound you're hearing is the worried thoughts of everyone else that hasn't taken delivery yet.
    +1!

but not my color...
    P85 | White/Tan Leather | Matte Obeche | Pano | Air | Tech | 21" Silver
    CF Spoiler | Sound | Premium Interior Lighting | Fog Lamps | Parcel Shelf
    Alcantara Headliner | Warp Drive

I have been a lurker on the forum for a while. Unfortunately it was my Model S. I got the call this afternoon. I asked the rep if this was a trend item as I had just read about another car having the same damage. That's when they informed me that the damaged car mentioned on the forum was really mine! The good news is that the new roof was FedEx'd to the Dallas Service Center last night and that the car will be arriving the day after I get back in town.

As a side note the Tesla Rep informed me that had it been a regular roof rather than the Pano I would be waiting on a whole new car rather than a new piece of glass. Yikes.

Welcome to the forum, Robert. And bummer. Sounds like not a long delay in getting your vehicle at least.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsmooth125 View Post
    So today was supposed to be THE day. After scrambling over the past week to arrange financing, fill out and send Tesla's paperwork, getting insurance quotes for my Model S, clearing out my garage, arranging for the sale of my current car, etc., etc., I was eagerly awaiting the delivery of my vehicle today. For logistical reasons, I was having Tesla deliver the car to mother's house 45 minutes away from my house. At 10 AM I received an email notifying me that the car was being loaded and will be delivered to me in 4 hours. As I'm driving to my mother's house thinking of what the first song I'll play in the car, where I'll test out the 0-60 speed, which fancy restaurant I'm going to tonight, etc., a Tesla rep calls and tells me that during loading a cable struck and shattered the sunroof. He said that the only thing that is damaged is the sunroof itself and that there is no other structural or body damage. Obviously, the sunroof now needs replacement and my delivery will be delayed at least by a few days. I told him to send me pictures of the damage asap. Here are my questions: What should I inspect when I finally do receive the car? What kind of compensation should I ask for from Tesla? Does this damage (even after repair) depreciate the value of the car? Are there any other issues I should address? Where can I get therapy for this?
    Regular cars are routinely damaged while being shipped to dealers. Assuming the damage isn't major (like broken windows, scratches, etc) they fix them up and put them on the lot for you to buy. In the case of Tesla, there isn't a middle man and for all practical purposes you are getting the car direct from the factory, which means new owners are very likely to hear about this sort of thing as opposed to purchasing the car in ignorance.

It's about THIS car. Al Sherman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalistOppressor View Post
    Regular cars are routinely damaged while being shipped to dealers. Assuming the damage isn't major (like broken windows, scratches, etc) they fix them up and put them on the lot for you to buy. In the case of Tesla, there isn't a middle man and for all practical purposes you are getting the car direct from the factory, which means new owners are very likely to hear about this sort of thing as opposed to purchasing the car in ignorance.

No question.
    Al Sherman Model S/P14,835 Model X/P1950 (for the wife)
    Retired Aviator VIN: 6283 Delivery 3/12/13

Thread Information