Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking delivery through the mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw that. Lucky them! Wish mine was turned on. Must have been a fluke. Would be awesome if Tesla policy was to turn it on (but turn off the beeping) -- revolutionary to track your car's progress across the country.

Agree, without the horn. Though I'm guessing you'd have some folks on here throwing tantrums because the driver didn't go to their place first, or didn't take the most direct route etc... :smile:

Sorry to dig this one up if its been covered elsewhere. Is it typically possible to see the car in the app while its still at the factory or in delivery? I jeep checking the app but I don't want to be completely wasting my time :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It'll show up once its linked to your account, which these days seems to be when it reaches some point in the manufacturing line. It'll show your VIN. You would probably know your VIN by the time it shows up, but sometimes, it will be the first place you see it. Mine just showed up today. But I already knew my VIN (I already signed my final MVPA) and I'm told its being built this week and ready for delivery next.

Once it does go "Live" in the app, you cant actually see anything else about it. You just get a message saying "Remote access is not enabled". Early on, some were enabled while on the line and en route, but I think they've since made that a step to turn it off until it's delivered.

I just picked up my new 85D yesterday. While the car was linked to MyTesla account from teh get go, it did not actually show up in the app until about 5 hours after I got the vehicle. Maybe thats because I already had a vehicle in the app (the 85 I traded in)? i was told it can take up to 2 business days for the car to show up in the app (and for Slacker to be enabled). Interestingly, the old car still shows up in the app.