Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Board of Equalization votes to increase gas tax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

Golly, so what does that make gas prices now? We forget to look as we pass our neighborhood fooling station.

I wonder if I can get a better price now for my Prius....
It literally changes everytime I go to fill up
and everytime I fill up I just can't wait to purchase a Model S and just be done with getting screwed over at the pump
It's just sad that 4 dollars per gallon is the norm nowadays, I'm sure soon we will be glad that gasoline is only 5 dollars as it could be worse.
Hopefully by then I'll be cruising in a model s, never feeling like I just threw away 4 bucks because of that little stoplight launch :)

Hopefully by then I'll be cruising in a model s, never feeling like I just threw away 4 bucks because of that little stoplight launch :)
Another one of those fun thought experiments...

How long would you have to floor the accelerator on a Model S Perf to spend $4 worth of electricity?
How long do you have to floor the accelerator on a 30 MPG ICE vehicle to spend $4 worth of gas?

Use whatever simplifying assumptions you like. ;)

Another one of those fun thought experiments...

How long would you have to floor the accelerator on a Model S Perf to spend $4 worth of electricity?
How long do you have to floor the accelerator on a 30 MPG ICE vehicle to spend $4 worth of gas?

Use whatever simplifying assumptions you like. ;)
30 mpg ice? I wish
the alternative to the model s was an E60 M5

Flooring the V10 beast felt like burning through a gallon of gas everytime

I was being generous. :)
Well in that case perhaps you'd like to donate your model S to me for a few days and I'll be sure to test out the dilemma regarding how many launches we can perform on 4 dollars worth of electricity ;)
15 cents per kWh
4 dollars would get us 26.6 kWh

Now all thats left is for you to hand over the keys to your model s and I'll be sure to thoroughly test out the number of take offs we can perform on the 26.6 kWh of electricity

2 weeks should be enough time:)

How long will it be before they decide to tax hybrids and electric cars separately? Anyway since having the model S two months we have bought just two tanks of gas for our two gas guzzlers.