Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Me Crowdfund My Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've made my (refundable) reservation but I can't responsibly afford a Model S yet. I desperately want to drive a Tesla as it is the only EV that will work for my family right now. So my idea is www.YourAdOnMyTesla.com. It works by covering the car in bumper sticker sized ads. A Model S on its own attracts a lot of attention, but I plan to take it further by being active in drag races, car shows, and distance record attempts. All of which should hopefully get pictures of the car and the ads in the news and blogs. I'll mention ad sponsors on the website and the social network pages associated with YourAdOnMyTesla.

I also plan to use it for research, as I am an active EV researcher. There will be several studies including:
Required urban infrastructure for apartment dwellers without access to home charging (since this is my situation) and the changes in driving habits from an ICE to EV under such conditions
Another study will be V2G scheduling and dispatch with Model S (as has been discussed in the V2G Thread)

The research will be shared on the site blog, technical papers, and technical conferences, all of which will include pictures of the car and ads.

What I'm asking is if you own your own business, won't you consider buying some ads, and if you don't, can you please follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and spread the word about the site? Thanks so much for helping me achieve my dream of becoming 100% electric with my household so I can help the cause.

www.YourAdOnMyTesla.com

People driving SUVs and trucks, people in buildings with window views, tall people at car shows, videos and photos shot from slightly above the car. I may adjust the pricing on the roof ones if the rest of the ads sell out but the top doesn't. We'll just have to see how well it works.

Last edited:
That's an interesting concept; I look forward to seeing how well it works. Will it be primarily local or national advertisers? Will advertisers really want spots that small (and/or crowded), or will they typically combine a few spaces for a larger ad? I am sure it will take a while, but I hope you keep us updated.

Hey, waittaminute! Isn't that MY Tesla at the top of your page? No stickers on my car! :scared:

Last edited:
Lol. Yes, no stickers on your car. I wanted to use a picture I had the rights to, since it was going to be my logo and all. Since I took that picture I figured I could use it, if that's still alright with you.

Interesting. So in case you don't sell enough ads, you won't buy the car? For how long the ad will stay on the car?
The ads stay on the car for three years. If I can at least sell a few in the next week, I'll buy the car (I've already placed my deposit) on faith that doing some races, car shows, and distance records will generate enough publicity to sell the rest of the ads. I can afford it, but at the expense of not buying a house, so I need to make sure there's at least some demand before I 100% commit.