Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robert Llewellyn - Electric Cars Are Rubbish. Aren’t They?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he is trying to use an ironic title to attract attention. Then tell attendees how he really feels.

Perhaps a good approach to get an audience that needs to be converted.

I think he is trying to use an ironic title to attract attention. Then tell attendees how he really feels.

Perhaps a good approach to get an audience that needs to be converted.

It's British and therefore every sentence is ironic, sarcastic or a double entendre. ;)

It's actually, a play on the usual "Somethings are somehow, aren't they?" Replace the comma with a period/full stop and it changes the tone significantly. EVs are rubbish. (Expressing popular view). Aren't they? (Uncertainty, appeal for reassurance, inquiry). It probably doesn't work the same way in American English. Countries, separated, common etc.

A good turn out last night, with EVers coming a long way to attend. My place was UK EV central for one evening.

So first thing I had to do was get some charging sorted out, particularly as Mr Llewellyn now has a 32A Leaf. I quickly installed a permanent 32A socket at the flats, rather than the 3 year "temporary" arrangement that has supplied various Roadsters over that time. I also had to modify my Zero Carbon World EVSE to turn it back into a 32A one.

20131128_130128.jpg

A quick test with the Ampera...

20131128_133728.jpg

Then I had a certain well known EVer turn up...

1385683262730.jpg

Followed by a couple more...

20131128_185737.jpg

The it was a quick run down to see the man himself.

20131128_194037.jpg

Robert and I had a good chat about anything and everything at my place while his Leaf took on half a charge and we took on a cup of tea, then he headed down to set up while I waited on more visitors.

The place was absolutely packed. Unfortunately I had to run after the main talk, but I think he nailed a lot of the points. I'm told the Q&A went on til 10 pm and he covered a wide range of peripheral topics around EVs.

Did anyone else from TMC go?

I caught the first half. Very entertaining dash through his love of cars ancient and modern and on the way he got to highlight some of the key issues of ICEs and EVs.

Did anyone ask him about hydrogen?