Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harris Ranch Superchargers and Supercharging Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be using the Harris Ranch supercharger this weekend and called Tesla to confirm availability. The service rep on the pohne told me they have 2 chargers for the Model S and not 1. She said both were superchargers after i clarified if one was Roadster.

Can somebody confirm Harris Ranch as being capable of supercharging 2 Model S at the same time?

Also, she deployed a software update while on the phone which she said was to make supercharging issue free. I alread was running v2 so not sure what this update is. Folks have any idea?

Each supercharger pedestal is set up to charge one car on each side, IIUC. So any supercharger installation will charge pairs of cars... 2, 4, or whatever, but not 1 or 3.

There are many variants of pedastals, but I've only seen (Gilroy, harris ranch, tejon ranch, and hawthorne) superchargers are all single pedestal, single charger. The pedestal is located on the drivers side as the cord is very short and requires precision parking in order to plug in.

At Harris Ranch, there is a roadster charger on the other side of the wall from the supercharger. However, the last time I was there, the cable was padlocked to the charger.

The actual Supercharging "behind the scenes" unit does support two 90KW connections. At Harris Ranch their is only one parking spot hence only one connector for a car.

Interesting, the lady at Tesla who comes on when you select supercharger from the menu told me there are 2 at Harris Ranch.

With respect to the software update, any ideas on what software update she has pushed for supercharging?

At Harris Ranch only one car can park by the Supercharger. If there's already a car parked there, you can't use it.

When I was there in January, there was a Roadster charger with a Model S converter on it there as well, I used that while waiting for the supercharger to open up. Didn't look like you could remove the converter so Roadster owners might be out of luck...

I'll be at Harris ranch on Saturday around noon, any experience in the recent past with wait on Saturdays?

I was there midday Sunday... It was empty when I arrived and when I left an hour later. Gilroy had 8 S's, and I did have to wait 10-15 minutes for a space.

FYI the Harris Valley SC was hard to find. It's at the Shell station; a single space pretty much attached to the convenience store.

So stopped at Harris Ranch twice yesterday to and from Bakersfield. Each time I stopped there were 3 of us so can't wait until they build out the remaining chargers there.

met some friendly MS owners including a gentleman who was driving cross country in his signature through Vegas to Boston.

I can confirm that the second charger is super slow, slower than my 14-50 at home even.

Stopped at Harris Ranch for a charge and was thrilled to report that the new superchargers are installed and ready to go. That's the good news. The bad news is PG&E will not do the connection for at least two weeks. I was told that PG&E has known about this for months. If anyone has grease at that utility, use it to get this great addition operational.