Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any parcel shelves from Rockville Service Center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got the parcel shelf on my due bill list and I'm just wondering if anyone has received a parcel shelf from the Rockville, MD service center yet.

I've heard nothing from Rockville but haven't called them about it. It's on my list of 4-5 things to call them about (none really service issues except paint armor bubble that they were supposed to call me to schedule a time for replacing).

No, but I received an email last night from the new Columbus Service Center saying that they are shipping them and I should expect one in the next 1-3 weeks.

Seems like a waste of money for Tesla to ship a bunch of them out to customers. Did you request shipment or was there an option for you to pick it up?

I've heard nothing from Rockville but haven't called them about it. It's on my list of 4-5 things to call them about (none really service issues except paint armor bubble that they were supposed to call me to schedule a time for replacing).

I'm also supposed to get a call for some other items as well. I figured I'd just wait it out since none of my due bill items are critical.

Seems like a waste of money for Tesla to ship a bunch of them out to customers. Did you request shipment or was there an option for you to pick it up?

I did not request a shipment. In fact, I had been emailing the Philly Service Center to see if my Rear Seats had arrived, to save them a trip as I knew they were driving over to Western PA today. The email from Columbus was totally out of the blue.

I agree, I could totally wait for the Parcel Shelf (and my footwell cover) until the Rear Seats are installed, which requires a visit. I hope Tesla doesn't charge themselves their own shipping rates internally...that will be a huge hit to the stock price, if so!