Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance March 8-10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Sorry for the short notice, but how many are planning on attending the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance March 8-10?

My wife and I will be attending the event. It is unlikely we will be bringing our Model S. We will be traveling with a local Corvette club and will be staying at the Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport.

Tickets to the event can no longer be purchased on-line, but tickets are available for sale at Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island beginning Thursday, March 7, 2013 at 10:00 am and at these locations.

As more details become available I will post them in this thread. I will also be sending emails to Florida Tesla Motors Club members.

I hope we can pull off this impromptu meet-up.

Regards,

Larry

Last edited:
Correction:

The Cars & Coffee event is a duPont Registry event at The Golf Club of Amelia Island-18th Fairway on March 9th from 9:00 am to 11:00 pm.

It is open to the public, but it requires a sticker from the organizers in advance to display your car. I have been informed that the event is fully subscribed.

So far, besides my wife and I am aware of two other club members who will be in attendance.

I know that one member does have a sticker and will be displaying his Model S at the Cars & Coffee. Ben will be delivering his Model S this coming Monday.

Larry

Despite the late notice we did have a few Florida Tesla Motors Club members who were able to make it to this fabulous exotic car show.

DinnerDonQuixotes 2.jpg

Jason Kelly, Joanna, Larry Chanin, John & Carol Apen

Club member John Apen is a long-time, serious car collector. Although the Cars and Coffee event was over-subscribed, he was able to get a sticker to display his new Model S.

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance John Apen Model S 2.jpg

carsNcoffeeNjohn 2.jpg

John had only had his Model S for three days before he drove it from the Orlando area to Amelia Island. Fortunately club member Jason Kelly, who lives on the island, was able provide charging for John's car.

Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance John Apen Model S.jpg

John's car was the only Tesla on display at this prestigous event.

Larry

Great pictures Larry. There are far too many great car events for us to make them all. Looking forward to the next one we can all get together at.

Hi Steve,

Yes, this event was unreal and rivals the Pebble Beach version.

With regard to the next events I'm in the pre-planning stages of organizing two club meet-ups, one one the West Coast and one on the East Coast (of Florida :wink:) at the Tesla service centers. They will probably be on Sunday afternoons. I'll need our club members to bring refreshments. If possible, I'm hoping that you and Robin will be able to help in the planning and coordination.

Give me a call when its convenient.

Regards,

Larry