Page 13 of 1419 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

With Tesla's spring China launch approaching, there was some good China auto sales numbers out today for Ford and GM.

China Passenger-Vehicle Sales Top Estimates as India Demand Dips - Bloomberg

Chinese consumers have boycotted Japanese auto companies, which should help American auto companies selling in China.

Quote Originally Posted by anticitizen13.7 View Post
    I thought that product delays were generally viewed negatively by the broader markets. Who knows

I find it curious though that the stock price has crept back up though. There's really not been any groundbreaking news recently, at least not since the quarterly report. I kind of expected the price to stay between 33 and 37 until the end of the quarter. Then the speculators would get all excited about the pending 1Q 2013 report, driving up the price.
    Maybe it is really that for some time after the Q4 report, there was a lot of trading by those who look mostly at the quarterly numbers. Now the share price returns to being determined more by the usual factors, including future outlook.
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

sold another option today still holding my breath for a big market pull back . It would be a nice "problem" indeed if the stock does not fall before the earnings report but I sure hope it falls about 6 percent tommorow. I think I will hold onto my 3 remaining options unless we break 41 soon.

I suspect we are just in a range. I'd be quite impressed to see us break $40. I think a return to $35 is much more likely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen-T View Post
    I suspect we are just in a range. I'd be quite impressed to see us break $40. I think a return to $35 is much more likely.
    I'd be impressed if it breaks $40 as well. All the same, the psychology break points I've been playing for the past few months have basically played out. I'm extremely happy with my gains in the past few months and the last time we were up here I felt it was overvalued and cashed out.

That worked for me then, but this time it feels more like the stock is testing a newer, higher equilibrium as opposed to just riding a bubble of exuberance. I think this time I'm going to just see where the stock feels like going instead of trying to lock in my gains.

The realist in me says that a fall back to $35 (or lower) seems more likely than not, but my gut is telling me to put some steaks on the grill, light a cigar and give the stock an opportunity to break out.

I feel the same way, but I feel the overall market could be over bought so I cashed out this morning. I'll be looking to re-enter on market dips. If the dow were to give up 2000-3000 points that could bring TSLA into some great buying prices. Made about 15% on this last trade. Was able to pocket about 33% on the previous cycle about 1-2 months ago. Got a long way to go to pay for much of the MS85 I bought!!!

I also finally cashed out today above $39. Hoping for a dip to buy back in. Made a very nice chunk of my P85.
    P85 Black/Black/Pano/Obeche Flat/Tech/Sound/Air/21" Silver/Twin/HPWC -- Delivery Window Feb 28-Mar 14
    Deposit 11/13/2012 Finalized 1/11/13 Pre-MVPA Signed 1/11/13 Delivery Info Requested 1/28/13
    DELIVERED MARCH 7, 2013

Sold half of my position today at $39.30. Hoping for a dip to get back in. I have no crystal ball but as many of you have pointed out, I think a dip back to ~$35 is more likely than breaking $40 at this point.

Did anyone else notice how the price for Tesla stock stayed almost perfectly flat at $39 for a long time today? Quite untypical. And it doesn´t seem that it was due to significantly lower volume than on a usual day.

At that point (near all time high) I would expect people to cash out (like a few posts here suggest, too). So who would be buying to keep the price flat? Shorts covering (after the amount of stock sold short was pretty high again looking at the numbers from the end of Feb)? And if that was so, wouldn´t that mean they are afraid it is not going to go to significantly lower levels any time soon?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes View Post
    Did anyone else notice how the price for Tesla stock stayed almost perfectly flat at $39 for a long time today? Quite untypical. And it doesn´t seem that it was due to significantly lower volume than on a usual day.
    Depends on the chart you look at. Google data showed it flat, but the real reason was very low volume at that point in time. On this chart you can see it wasn't really flat:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  93.7 KB

Thread Information