Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After visit to OakBrook store - looking for current Model S owner in Western Suburbs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been watching Tesla for 5+ years and a huge supporter of what they are doing. I actually put a $5k reservation down before going in for a test drive. Went in to the OakBrook store and was, best way to say it, "underwhelmed". Love the technology and performance of the car but visually, the white car in the showroom has the paint protector package that looks awful. For me, it really made it difficult to look at the clean lines of the car. This car also has a glove box that looks like a bunch of 12 year olds kids have pulled on and doesn't fit properly. Just not the kind of car presentation I would expect from an $80k+ vehicle. Went for a test drive in their blue car, unfortunately, it look like this car hadn't been washed in weeks and was covered in road salt. When I test drove it, it hadn't snowed for over 7 days prior, so no real excuse they could have gotten it washed. Another wasted opportunity to get a good look at the finish of the car. This along with the sales folks not being able to answer some of my specific questions left me leaving without the "I can't wait to finalize my order" feeling that I was expecting.

Any current Model S owners in the western suburbs available to talk to share their experience with their new car?