Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 amps Versus 40 amps Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my MS 60KW for 2 weeks now and enjoying the drive and the thrill. I have a 14-50 outlet installed and I know there are some good technical folks here who can answer my question. Does it make a difference for the battery life if I use 20 amps to charge the battery each night instead of 40 amps and why? My daily mileage is quite low and I have 9 off-peak hours on weekdays.

Also, my maximum range charge is only 197 rated miles and thought 205 miles is the max. Can some 60KW owners confirm this? :confused:

IAlso, my maximum range charge is only 197 rated miles and thought 205 miles is the max. Can some 60KW owners confirm this? :confused:

What I've noticed is that once it reaches 197, it continues to charge for a while, without the range going up. And then when I drive it, it take roughly ten miles of driving before it dips below 197. So it's like it's charging to the correct amount, but it just doesn't show anything above 197. Seems like a bug. BTW, the EPA range is 208 miles.