Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New color : BLACK PEARL ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jcstp

Feb 7, 2011
Belgium
When vieuwing the invitation for the Geneva Motorschow, Tesla spoke of a new color! (i know they probably mean multicolor-red)
Watching the pic of the car, I wondered if "Black-pearl" would be a possibility as a new option?

I thought to understand that "white-pearl" is "just" white covered with a coat of pearl

Just wondered if this is also possible with black?

Black pearls have some myths around them that fit Tesla I think!

The Significance of Giving Black Pearls | eHow.com

Wisdom
"tears of adam" : selfcontrole
everlasting love
gift from the sky to the sea
hope in a time of pain

Black Pearl Jewelry - Myths Legends About Pearls

Black Pearl Goddess

The pearl has long been considered a symbol of love, protection, wisdom, purity and wealth and have been frequently used as love potions.

Tahitian black pearls are believed to symbolize hope for wounded hearts. Due to the mysterious aura surrounding the black pearl, legends attribute healing powers to what is known to be a gift of God. It is astonishing how myths surrounding the creation of pearls are the same in the most scattered parts of the world. From Persia to Tahiti, and from China to Japan and Ceylon, pearls are associated with heavenly dews, tears, the moon and the feminine.

According to one Tahitian story, the moon casts its light on the ocean to attract oysters. Once the oysters rise from the depths onto the surface of the ocean to bathe in the moonlight, the moon graces each oyster with a drop of heavenly dew. After the drop becomes polished, it shrouds itself with grey, blue, green, gold and pink shimmering garments, thus creating the dazzling variety of colors in Tahitian black pearls.

In another Tahitian legend, Oro, the Polynesian God of peace and fertility descended to earth on a rainbow to offer the “Te Ufi” oyster to humans as a gift. Once the oyster gave birth to a beautiful black pearl, Oro offered it to princess Bora Bora as a symbol of his undying love and affection.

Since the Tahitian black pearl was only worn by the royalty, it was referred to as the “Pearl of Queens and the Queen of Pearls.” Due to its many feminine attributes, the black pearl has been primarily worn by women until recently as more and more men are becoming seduced by this mysterious creation of the sea.