Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Consumer Reports on The Cost of a Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
This Post could be about every electric car but in regards to the Tesla Roadster sports car check out this page: ConsumerReports.org - What that car really costs to own

I spend a good chunk of my "EVs are the future" soapbox speech (that I give anyone who will listen) talking about the lack of maintenance with an EV. This chart shows that these tribulations are only %4!!

On the good side, the 21 percent to fuel is almost reduced to nothing with an EV.

And as it relates to Tesla I think that the Roadster will keep it's value for years to come. It will stay high until many cheap(er) longer range, faster electric sports cars saturate the market but then in 30 years it will become a collectors item again.
This chart like many others, will need to be changed as game changing EVs come into popularity. Of course the fuel piece will be marginilazed but, at first, that depreciation number will also be iveserated by high demand fuel efficient cars.

My observations are the low hanging fruit.

The study sites both the Miata and the Prius as money savers. "The Miatius" Martin, you are the originator of this green sports car concept. At the very least this study is fodder for your Tesla presentation but could you write up a blog on this study and how it relates to Evs and or sports car EVs??