Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Phones - Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hate to start a new thread, but I've looked at all the Bluetooth threads I can find, and ????

Anyone know of a list of phones the Model S supports? I've got an LG800G dumb phone that is only a couple of years old. It can find the S, but the S can't find it. Pairs just fine with the LEAF. I'm really not interested in an iPhone or an Android, as all I want is a basic telephone. Thanks.

You won't ever get a list of phones...... There must be hundreds of phones with Bluetooth over the years.

I can't speak for what version of Bluetooth supported even though it should be backward compatible ...

Nonetheless, don't hate a smartphone. Mom (70) has one and after the learning curve, lives by it. Plus you miss out on the mobile app without one.

You won't ever get a list of phones...... There must be hundreds of phones with Bluetooth over the years.

I can't speak for what version of Bluetooth supported even though it should be backward compatible ...

Nonetheless, don't hate a smartphone. Mom (70) has one and after the learning curve, lives by it. Plus you miss out on the mobile app without one.
Thanks. Well, Nissan provided a compatability listing for their various cars, and I thought Tesla might do the same, but looks like no. For the very few times I do use a phone while driving, that Bluetooth connectivity certainly is nice.

Oh, I don't hate a smart phone, I just don't find much use for one, and the app works just fine with the iPad.

Reviving the thread...

I also have a sorta smartish phone that the MS can detect... and the phone detects the MS (even displays it as "Tesla Model S") but then the phone requires a PIN code to be entered. I tried 0000 as many suggested but that didn't work.

Does the MS have a different code? Any suggestions?

Start the connection from the Model S. It should then display a PIN code -- I believe Tesla just randomizes it for each new connection. Enter that code on the phone and it should then connect...

the Telsa connects to the phone instead of the phone connecting to the car

Place your phone in Bluetooth discoverable mode
hit the Bluetooth icon on your touch screen and search
find your phone and hit connect
your phone will them prompt you indicating something is connecting and you should confirm the code
Newer versions of Bluetooth chips will display the code, older versions will require you to enter the code shown on the tesla touchscreen