Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington vehicle registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting for home delivery in Wenatchee scheduled for 2/27 @4:00PM. Rez: 9960. VIN: 4923.

I know several Washington owners are picking up their cars this weekend at Bellevue Square. I am curious how those deliveries have gone and if the vehicle had temporary plates for WA.

My Roadster and Model S both came with "paper plates" that are taped in the back window, and good for 30 or 60 days or something like that.

Tesla should mail you the real plates before they expire. For me it was just barely; some have reported they arrived late. But fortunately not many people really check the expiration date on the paper plates.

If you want custom plates, you have to wait until after the real plates arrive to apply.

This may not apply over in Wenatchee, but if you are signed up for something like a Good To Go toll pass, you can register the paper plates, but of course you have to remember to change it when you get the real plates.

Just paid my 2014 registration

WP_20140106_002.jpg

Oh good then I'm exempt where I'm at then because I just looked at my tags for my other two vehicles and it's zero. Got a bit scared for a moment. That figure took me back about 15 years when we used to pay outrageous amounts for tags. And I'm sorry but this Rta tax seems a bit much! I know our roads need to be repaired. I get that. But the street cat. C'mon. Ok. Off soap box

Oh good then I'm exempt where I'm at then because I just looked at my tags for my other two vehicles and it's zero. Got a bit scared for a moment. That figure took me back about 15 years when we used to pay outrageous amounts for tags. And I'm sorry but this Rta tax seems a bit much! I know our roads need to be repaired. I get that. But the street cat. C'mon. Ok. Off soap box

I agree with you. The tax in principal is fine but it is the brand new MSRP price of the car even ten years after you have the car I believe. It should at least be the estimate bluebook value of the car or some lower number each year.