Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recargo Charging Station Finder for Model S Browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recargo has launched a version of our EV charging service optimized for the Model S browser:

recargo.com/tesla

Find charging stations by address, see photos and tips to help navigate "the last mile" to the spot, save and retrieve favorite locations for trip planning, share your reviews and tips, all on the Model S touch screen - no handheld device or app required.

This is our first version and we are looking for your feedback for future improvements.

Happy motoring!

From Brian and everyone at Recargo

Thanks, seventyseven. I'll use your forum handle to avoid confusion. ;)

I particular like that navigating to Electric Cars - Charging Stations - Recargo on the Model S browser redirects to the tesla-tailored page.

Are you willing to share what userAgent or other cues you use for this logic? Also, was Tesla consulted on this so that the sniffing done will continue to work as they evolve the software (I hope so).

Thanks

@seventyseven, thanks for the new web page! It would be helpful if the Tesla page had an option to view local charging stations on a map in addition to the new list view. FYI, I've been submitting information updates on local charging stations to the Recargo team to make your great iPhone app even more useful/accurate.

I've set the webpage as a favorite and will use it to help me find stations. I can see myself checking into stations using this site.

One thing I'd like added is the distance to the station and direction (N-W-S-E) based on the location entered in the search.

This is great timing since I will be taking my first road trip this weekend to NYC from DC. I am having a heck of a time finding charging in Lower Manhattan and this will help tremendously.

Thanks for putting the time in to do this!

Has anyone noticed that at the bottom of the super charger page they approximate your location based on the internet connection. I wonder how far off it is since it can only rely on the 3G connection. My guess is it would be pretty far off.