Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

(Some) adapters now available for purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice if Tesla could expand their shipping carriers, FedEx is too expensive for low cost items like adapters.
UPS Ground or USPS Flat Rate boxes would be much more economical...

Another option for larger/bulky items would be "drop ship to my local Tesla service center", they could have weekly deliveries batching up the items, saving on the shipping costs... I was going to buy frunk and floor mats, but I'm not willing to spend what the FedEx charges are. Stocking these items in the service centers would also work...

what adapters come with the UMC? what is the standard UMC plug (pre-adapter)?
Model S Facts | Tesla Motors
■The Mobile Connector comes standard with two outlet adapters: one for a standard 110 volt outlet and one for a 240 volt outlet. You may purchase additional adapters at any time. If you’re not sure which 240 volt outlet to select, we recommend a NEMA 14-50; it provides more power than other 240 volt outlets.
■Model S also comes with a J1772 adapter to be used with public charging stations.

It would be nice if Tesla could expand their shipping carriers, FedEx is too expensive for low cost items like adapters.
UPS Ground or USPS Flat Rate boxes would be much more economical...

Another option for larger/bulky items would be "drop ship to my local Tesla service center", they could have weekly deliveries batching up the items, saving on the shipping costs... I was going to buy frunk and floor mats, but I'm not willing to spend what the FedEx charges are. Stocking these items in the service centers would also work...

How about selling them via Amazon using fulfillment by Amazon. Easier for Tesla, better for customers, Amazon shipping rates.

Wow these adapters plus shipping are rather pricey. Has anyone made some sort of lock to keep thieves from stealing the adapter? Right now I don't think I can deal with charging my car to a 120 volt (if I have to) or NEMA 14-50 at an RV park unattended.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express