Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recreating the NY Times Road Trip - Feb 15-17, 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone interested in recreating the NYT's road trip, minus the detour? I imagine several owners have already made similar trips along I-95, but how about some Coffee and Eggs at Butch's and a group photo to show Tesla our support? I think it would be fun, and vindicating.

Anyone interested?

- - - U P D A T E - - -

Mod Note: Following thread merge, here is the Twitter link:

All -

Many of you know by now - from the other thread that this weekend 6 of us East Coast Model S owners will be recreating the NY Times Article road trip. I've set up a Twitter page for all of you to follow us on. We'll be posting pictures and @PureAmps is setting up some of our cars to tweet along the trip!

http://twitter.com/TeslaRoadTrip

Join the trip with us!

Aaron

Also on Instagram "teslaroadtrip"

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend doing with the detour. If the reporter had charged full, and not 'preconditioned' the battery without it being plugged in, I think he would have been just fine.

I don't know what detour he took, but I agree. I think we could recreate everything and have miles to spare. The only thing we shouldn't recreate is the going over the speed limit part. Driving the limit is not only the right thing to do, but it should add lots of miles to our range :)

I don't know what detour he took, but I agree. I think we could recreate everything and have miles to spare. The only thing we shouldn't recreate is the going over the speed limit part. Driving the limit is not only the right thing to do, but it should add lots of miles to our range :)

Also range charge and find a 110V outlet at same hotel he stayed at.

Blog post on NYT Wheels blog should be updated soon too.

Anyone interested in recreating the NYT's road trip, minus the detour? I imagine several owners have already made similar trips along I-95, but how about some Coffee and Eggs at Butch's and a group photo to show Tesla our support? I think it would be fun, and vindicating.

Anyone interested?

Guys -

Count me in as well! I'm ready, willing and able to put this "myth" to bed!

Aaron