Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: Recreating the NY Times Road Trip - Feb 15-17, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by teslasguy View Post
    Ben and I are now at the Wilmington, De Superchargers and Jack from Boston should be here soon. Kudos to Ben for driving all night from Boston to join us!! Jack is from Beantown as well! Just talked to Aaron and he says there are 20-25 S owners in Rockville to see everyone off. This is gonna be epic!
    And to our friends in Norway, this is just nydelig! Next year I want to see a caravan of S owners driving from Oslo to Tromso!
    P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know, I took a little road thrip with three of these zealots - Ben, John, and Aaron- last fall. Together, we watched Elon and George and Franz and All at Tesla accept the Motor Trend Award for Car of 2013 ...And if I could have only known it would lead to this. Gents, thank you. I am away in a Rainforest but would have adored the chance to be there as Tesla Guy wrote the post immediately above. The anticipation of the trip and the chance to set the record straight. And you did it. So pleased to be a small part in this revolution which, as Elon and George noted in October in New York City, will change the lives of our children, and their children... And yes, hell, yes, I would have been there if I wasn't already 4000 miles away!
    Bravo!
    4 Teslas and about 3,600 collective miles round trip. Fuel costs using Superchargers: Zero. Gallons of Light. Onwards, All you fellow Model S and Roaster owners!
    (and the RainfoRest I am overlooking by moonlight now thanks you as well).
    Last edited by ModelS1079; 2013-02-17 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    Since your blog has a photo with the gas prices, mentioning that Supercharger use is free: The amount you have to pay for the equivalent of one Supercharger charge, in current gas prices, requires most in the US to work more than two hours!
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Awesome. Best Goodwin Publication yet. And that's a high bar.

Blog Entries
    We were under 65 only when we had to be -- sometimes when the limit was 55 or lower (e.g. frequent in the NY area), snow conditions (e.g. on the way to Groton), or traffic ...
    For me the most impressive thing about the whole event is Cinergi's story. Drop of the hat, made a 700 mile round trip to participate in a rally. In an EV.

Cause he just felt like it and had a day he could spare to go support fellow enthusiasts. Done. Be there in a few hours.

P85+
    Great post! Thanks for sharing.

You write that one of the cars consistently used slightly more energy than the rest. From the pictures it looks like one car had 21" wheels - while the rest had 19". Was this the one using more? (Just wondering if the 21" vs 19" has noticeable difference in energy consumption)

Great job! I was following you (on twitter) every step of the way.

I was wondering, did you find out why teslaguy's MS was using more energy? Another question, were all the SuperChargers 90kW-capable even with 4 cars hooked up to them at the same time?

Talk about EV-enthusiasm! I watched all videos and pictures and I loved to see the spirit you guys had/have. Thank you very much for sharing this! I know I have to start saving for a Model S now......

Quote Originally Posted by sp4rk View Post
    Is it just me or did Lauren Goode's article not exactly praise their efforts. I got the distinct impression there was a negative tone to it?
    I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Al. I'm sure we're on the same page -- I'm basically just saying there's a difference between saying "hey, I'm outraged" and "haha here's a picture of you in a urinal you $@#@" ...
    No need to apologize for feeling angry.
    What about our Broder memes?
    Dr. EVS loves root beer
    Model C P30: 0 - 60 in 8.4, seats 2 + 1

P85+
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagi View Post
    You write that one of the cars consistently used slightly more energy than the rest. From the pictures it looks like one car had 21" wheels - while the rest had 19". Was this the one using more? (Just wondering if the 21" vs 19" has noticeable difference in energy consumption)
    Just to sort out my own question: I've been looking at all the pics now - and several cars had 21" wheels. So that could not have been the reason. Sorry for not checking this before posting.

Amazed by your enthusiasm. It speaks heaps for this car! Can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by sp4rk View Post
    Is it just me or did Lauren Goode's article not exactly praise their efforts. I got the distinct impression there was a negative tone to it?
    There certainly is something... maybe not negative, just obfuscating what is really a very clear outcome (10F, or so, higher temps, yet even considering that, plenty of remaining range).
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Thread Information