Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unofficial windows phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we wait for the official Tesla app, I've written one which can be found here:

Tesla Connect | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Tesla Connect app for Windows in the Windows Store

Features:
View your full VIN, battery state & other vehicle information
Car controls: open/close roof, honk horn, flash lights, lock/unlock doors
Climate control: turn on / off, set temp
Charging control: turn on / off, open charge port door, change between standard and range charging mode
Charging status: shows remaining charge, charge timer setting (at current location)
Location: Car's GPS location is reversed to the closest address via Bing Maps API. A map control shows the current location of the car, will live update like the official app, optionally you can show your (the phone's) location on the map.
Remote Start
Calendar integration (Phone only, manual - when pressed it sends 2 days of calendar data to the car)

The app is free, and ad-free.

Feel free to post suggestions/requests here or PM me for problems or things missing supported by the official Tesla apps.

Last edited:
I know it might not be so important, but it looks more nice to look at in own language - does this app support multiply langues ?
if so, I would be happy to make at translation into danish - Im shure there would be some german, dutch, Norwegians ect. who would like to do aswell

I know it might not be so important, but it looks more nice to look at in own language - does this app support multiply langues ?
if so, I would be happy to make at translation into danish - Im shure there would be some german, dutch, Norwegians ect. who would like to do aswell

It does not yet -- That would not be a large thing to add except there are some graphics with text on them for a few of the buttons -- that could be changed though.
If there doesn't end up being an official Tesla app soon -- or there is still demand, I will add it to my todo list.

I've been using this for a week or so now. I found just after I started trying to make one myself (I didn't get very far). I went through a bunch of steps installing all the right SDKs and creating a Dev account etc. I should have searched the app store first lol.

It works pretty well overall. Andrew, is there a place where we can report potential bugs? This thread maybe? Or is there a site you have with documents, known issues, todo list, etc? I think probably the issues I see are known, as you can also see them in the screenshots in the app store (it always says that the roof status is unknown and the vehicle status is always blank). The only other thing I run into is that occassionally, the app reports that my car does not have the mobile connection enabled, which is not true.

Anyways, great work!

Here or pm me. There is an update coming that fixes a bunch of little issues like those you mentioned and adds setting of climate temp, but I don't have access to the machine with all that right now. The new version also includes a contact email address. Me @hotmail.com. When it was first published I didn't have a car yet so it wasn't fully tested, just functional.

Also, as of today there is a second Tesla app in the store, Tesla commander.
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Weird. I still have everything working right now.

I was signing into Tesla Connect with my 'MyTesla' username "ElSupreme". But last night I started getting log in errors. Now I have to use my email address to log in.

Not sure if anyone was seeing this problem. But switching to your email to log in should work, or at least worked for me.