Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Too many Tesla and the NYT threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

malcolm

Nov 12, 2006
Last edited:
The first thread is about his original article. The second thread is about Tesla's response to his article, and then there's another thread about his response to their response. This thread doesn't seem to make much sense.

It's all about the same event. I was annoyed that there were three where there should be one, now there are four. One thread would have eliminated the need for this one, and spared a lot of redundant cross posting. Probably too much of a mess now to merge them I guess, but considering the level of moderation that usually takes place here I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

It's all about the same event. I was annoyed that there were three where there should be one, now there are four. One thread would have eliminated the need for this one, and spared a lot of redundant cross posting.

You're right. I think the idea was to have a thread at each stage of this saga. We were getting a bunch of reposts every time there was a new article and were merging (a lot) at the different stages so people could comment on the bit they wanted, but it looks like instead people just commented wherever.

I had forgotten, however, that I already had a solution for this problem. And that is the "Thread Summary" post wiki. So the second post of the original thread is now a wiki with links to the various stages in this story. NYT article: Stalled on the EV Highway
Hopefully people will use it to summarize the various links etc. and use it as a guide to find what they want.

The various threads on this single story will now be merged and hopefully people will stop cross posting. I know this solution won't satisfy everyone, but the mods have weighed the pros and cons. If there is some separate aspect (e.g., "how will this affect the stock price" or some such) that can be it's own thread.